1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Xbox 360 and RRoD.

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by mr.nintendo, Oct 26, 2009.

1. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

Hi guys I want to buy a 360 jasper and i am affraid i will get AN RRoD I DONT WANNA waste my money it is so expansive like 33000 rs so what do u say should i buy it?

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I don't think you should worry about it too much. Depending on which country you reside in, there's a 3 year warranty covering the RRoD and a few other errors. The RRoD are more uncommon than before.

3. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

What is "the PRoD"?

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

If you're that worried, don't get one. It's that simple.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Apparently-there are mod shops that can alter the cooling system to reduce the red rings...

And some other stuff.

I have no idea-I heard some snips about this...but I lack a 360.

7. Loonylion

yes but it voids the warranty.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If you buy one off ebay then isn't the warrenty already void?

9. Loonylion

not necessarily, if its not been opened (I mean the unit) then I imagine not.

10. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

simple things to help not get RROD is to have your 360 in the open not in a cabinet and lay it on it's side not upright.

11. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

PREVENT OVERHEATING!

I got it once... THANK GOD IT WAS WARRANTED!!!

12. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

they have meant to put better chips in it and they are trying to sort it out, but i feel that if you have it in a cool place it shouldnt be that much of a harm

13. equitypetey

it's not so much the chips them selves but the way they have attached the heat sinks that cause the issue and that the fans suck balls and move hardly enough air.

14. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

what about jasper people
    i heard jasper offers more protection against rrod

15. equitypetey

it has better heat sinks that are all connected together by pipes so they can share the heat transfer.

it still has the xclamp way of connecting the heat sinks (bad news) but if anything like the elite it will have some sort of resin around the processors.

there is a few other bits and bobs they have done but on a quick look the heat sinks are the biggest difference

16. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

Okay, here's the deal, it does not matter what Xbox 360 you get, Arcade, Premium, Eliete alike, all of them have a chance of getting the RROD.
    Fortunately, when the RROD Happens, Microsoft will repair it at no cost, as this is a major manufacturing flaw. That is if you live in the USA at least, I have no idea how it is in other countries. Mine RROD'd on me Christmas last year. When I finnaly got the shipment information straitened out, the total wait time was a few days!

17. equitypetey

good post i don't think any of us knew that already

18. giratina34

giratina34 Member

i have my 360 for 2 years now, i never had RROD issue

note: i play it five hours by day xD

19. JynxJester

JynxJester Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure what a "Jazzer" is but if it has a chance of giving your Xbox the RROD then I say dont bother.

I mean, the Xbox alone has a high chance of the RROD... let alone adding something onto it.

Its up to you at the end of the day... it just up to how much you're willing to risk your Xbox.

20. airdash123

airdash123 Well-Known Member

Oh shit, you suppose to set it up straight up, not like the flat down ?.. Wow, I never knew that, i just got my Elite Xbox 360 for like 3 weeks and i barely played it. I better set it up straight, you guyz know what i should put something under so my sexy Xbox can sit his ass on ?