1. This forum is in read-only mode.

x-com ufo defence not working

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cloudssl99, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudssl99

cloudssl99 New Member

hey guys im sure everyone has read this stuff about x-com for ps1 so many times :( but im trying to get it to work i downloaded it from this site and it gives me to files .mdf and .mds and i read somewhere that you download daemon tools so i didnt and mounted the .mds file in a fake cd rom drive with the same .mdf file in side tho it dont show it mounted and i try runing the game from the ePSXe 1.7.0 emulator and it still just shows the intro of the game and gets to the main menu then just keeps restarting will not let me do anything else after that can someone help or is this a lost cause???? T.T

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...did you configure it so that epsxe reads the fake cd drive?

After you change it in the settings, close it off, then check so it's set to read the fake cd drive's letter.

Also, in that epsxe, you could also try to have read the mds/mdf file thru it (read iso option) and that may also work...

I use fake drives for some games, but other's I use epsxe straight-see how you go there :)

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You were right to try 1.7.0, since it supports MDS/MDF files and you won't need to Mount your image to a virtual CD Drive to play.

But what graphics plugin are you using and what video card does your PC have? Many times hanging on the Intro is due to an incompatible graphics plugin configuration. Tweaking/changing it usually helps.

4. cloudssl99

cloudssl99 New Member

yes i configuered it to run the cd rom from the fake drive in the epsxe and iv tryed to run both the .mdf and .mds files right from the epsxe useing run iso command and the only one that plays is the small file the .mds and its still just the intro it will not run the .mdf file my G card is a ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

these are all the plugins i downloaded
    there are 3 folders here named cdrpeops104 cdrpeops.dll in this folder. gpupeopsopengl178 just some readme .txt in this one. spupeopsdsound109 spupeopsdsound.dll in this one. and these are the plugins: gpu.dat gpupeopsopengl.dll gpupeopssoft.dll gpupeted3d.dll gpupetedx6d3d.dll gpupeteopengl.dll and some .txt readme files and stuff

5. TirithRR

Ok, but what one are you using? In the configuration of ePSXe.

6. cloudssl99

cloudssl99 New Member

ok so i was useing the P.E.Op.S. OpenGL Driver 1.78 most of this time and i tryed to change and use the others and i still get the same black screen others are P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.18, Pete's D3D Driver 1.77, Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77, and the Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77 maybe im doing something wrong but i tred useing the mounting fake cd thing again with each one and runing the iso right from the emulater and still get black screen. not sure if it matters tho but when i mount the .mds
    file to a fake cd soon as i mount it my music thing pops up and plays the game music like its a cd <.<

7. TirithRR

Download the Plugin Pack from the link in my signature. It has more up to date versions of the graphics plugins.

8. cloudssl99

cloudssl99 New Member

ok do i just take everyting out of the plugin folder and put all that stuff you gave me in it or leave the olds ones in there too?

Post Merge: [time]1248051645[/time]
    and should i just go down the list trying each one like i did the others??
    Post Merge: [time]1248049935[/time]
    ok well i tryed some of the others i just replaced the plugin folder with the one it made after downloading the plugins from your link and when i click on config video it says: This application has failed to start because WNASPI32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem but when i click ok it just brings up the plugin config and i can choose dif plugins anyways. i tryed some of them and it still just does same thing some dont even work at all so im at a lossssss have you tryed this game your self? maybe i can download settings or step by step change them i dont know :(
    Post Merge: [time]1248048272[/time]
    OMG i found a working seting lol thanks guys but im sure ill be posting again if somethign else goes wrong :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.