1. This forum is in read-only mode.

X-Box 360 questions

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by diskjocki, Sep 4, 2009.

1. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Alright I'm thinking I'm getting an X-box but I got a few questions.

1. I understand I'll need to mod it or something to play backups, how? Do I need a modchip or? My cousin has a modchip on his old original X-box, & the games were on the actual X-Box hard-drive, how doe's this work? Can you do it with the 360 too?

2. If I play backups on live, how can I reduce the risk of getting banned? I've heard or some stealth patch thing you put on the burnt disk, not sure what it is though.

3. My connection is way too slow to download ISO's, so could I just hire some games, rip 'em to my laptop with Alcohol or something & burn 'em to a disk using ImgBurn?

4. Doe's the 360 support backwards compatibility? & if it doe's can you make backups of the original X-Box games & play them too?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1.Mod chip and something else-I watched a mod-chipper mod one, and not only did he put in a chip-but one of the components was plugged into a pc and the guy used software on that.

Best get a professional to do it.

As for game play-you would need a BIG harddrive to store games-be default (no modding) it can store game data on the system temporary to speed up load times-but still require the disc.
    2.No idea-but it's possible.

3.You could-but keep in mind that they may be dual layer dvd's-so if you use disc your gonna need dual layer dvd's which cost more.

4.I heard it does-but may require software from the live site-download it first before modding...

That said-I don't own one-I go by what I have heard...

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

360 you don't chip you flash.

you need to hook up the dvd drive to a pc with a compatible sata chip set. there are hundreds of tutorials on the net just google it as the method changes for different drives.

if your not the type of person to have ever done modding then i suggest you get it done by someone else.
    there are loads of companies that will do it for you just google that too.

as for live as long as you have up to date firmware you should be fine. the things that will get you banned are playing pre-releases (that's how my one got banned).

as for games there is again people that sell them on the net. i know some for the UK but not anywhere else but if you google something like "xtreme 360 games" or ixtreme xbox games" or alternatives of that you should come across something.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...so that's what the guy did-It did look like a mod chip went in...oh well might have been a mistake by my eyes...couldn't see over his shoulders XD

5. diskjocki

Okay, so I need to flash it... Now I need to find a TuT for that & a place that would do it for me.
    I don't get what your by the xstreme 360 games etc. I googled it but it came with results like people selling games & accessories, what do I need this for?

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

[quote author=equitypetey]as for games there is again people that sell them on the net. i know some for the UK but not anywhere else but if you google something like "xtreme 360 games" or ixtreme xbox games"[/quote]

7. diskjocki

I'm still confused.

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You ended up at the right site. xtreme 360 game is a site selling games and accessories..

As for Xbox backwards compatibility, there's some games that work, and some that don't.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

I don't know if it's different for a chipped console.

9. diskjocki

Ah I see now. Hmm, maybe I'll just try & get my cousin to sell me his old original X-Box & not worry about the backwards compatibility on the 360.

10. jw03

jw03 Active Member

my buddie found someone online out of canada, he sold systems of all types already modded and ready, answered any and all questions within 24 hrs. of asking, had good warranty and return policies that he stuck by. my buddie already had a 360 and sent him his system for a small fee (under 100$), the guy said when it would be back and it was. now all his systems are modded including the 360 and Wii. he's had no problems and doesn;t have to worry about that or answers to questions. also if the guy breaks it somehow then you'll get a new or used system modded depending om the age of yours. i may be able to get his contact info?

11. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

seeing as this has been resurrected, might i add that live is getting more and more dangerous with Microsoft getting at modders by bringing new wave games out faster then the modded firmwares can be made.

the annoying thing is you can't play the game until you update your firmware unless you patch the game to a previous wave but if you do that it can be seen on live and you will most likely get an instant ban.

12. diskjocki

I'm already getting an xbox for Christmas and I don't live in Canada anyway.

Yeah I heard about that from somewhere once... Thanks for the info