1. This forum is in read-only mode.

wtf? (KH 358/2 Days still works after being violated by Windows XP)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by m64m, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

just ran a disk check on my DS's card, cause I almost never safely remove it, and it said that KH 358/2 Days was an invalid size. So, I go to check it out, Windows went and truncated my game. Instead of being 256MB, KH is now 157 MB. I got scared, so I went to test out the game, and it works fine (I'm on day 16, and I walked around for a bit to check). Dunno if it killed off a chunk of game, but I'm assuming if it really did wipe out 40% of my game, it'd have gotten to sprites. Any ideas on why Windows truncated my game, and if it's still fully playable, or am I dealing with a ticking time bomb, courtesy of Disney/Microsoft?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You may have a trimmer installed from one of the many ROM tool packages out there that include trimmers.

3. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

I only have one rom tool, and it for sure doesn't have a trimmer. (Treeki's New Super Mario Bros. Editor V 4.7) Also, it was Windows' disk check tool (chkdsk) that truncated the file.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I trimmed my copy and it is 247MB. Positive you will run into issues sooner or later.

5. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

yea, I wouldn't be surprised. I'll try to get through the game, so I can follow up here.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Or, you could just put the game on again and use your save file while it's still not corrupted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.