1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wrong Labelling

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Quavers, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Quavers

Quavers Member

I was helping to categorise some games and accidentally clicked too fast and also made a spelling mistake.

Could whoever help:
    For 0144 - Puzzle Bobble DS, change genre from Racing to Puzzle instead
    For Recipie 0499 - Shaberu! DS Ryouri Navi, remove tag "Recipie". I have already added in another tag with the correct spelling "Recipe".

Sorry for the mistake. It should be forgivable since out of the number of games I helped categorise, I only made 2 mistakes. ;D

Nice idea of tag. It helps categorise games under others.
    When I have some more time, I'll categorise some more or maybe write some reviews.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I will look into this

EDIT: Fixed, thanks for reporting.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I actually know you IP from the database when I checked it after seeing it shoot up to 100 tags.
    Naturally my first thought was "damn spammers." I was pleasantly surprised though, good job. :)

4. Quavers

Quavers Member

Thanks Loonylion for fixing the labels.

Lol. :D Sorry, I can't claim all the credit. Sometimes looking at IP may not be so accurate because my ISP uses a proxy. Those subscribing through the same ISP would have the same IP. I know this through experience - never could download anything from sites like Megaload site as it alway states "download slots with your IP are full". Another incident was on some other forum. Some other forum member who posted had the same IP as me. Fortunately, so far, those people did not do anything bad.

I did a number of tagging but not as many as 100. Did those under BrainTraining, EyeTraining & EarTraining. Did tagging for 2 of Music (Someone had beat me to tagging another 2 titles). Did tagging for 2 Recipes (Someone beat me to tagging 1 more title). There are still some more for recipes and BrainTraining but I'm trying to recall the names. Titles in Japanese are not easy to remember when one does understand the language. Actually, I did more classifying into genre compared to tagging. Previously, I classified a number of genres but was gone when the data was gone. When you reupload into the new server, I classified the genres again but there's still a lot more. If I find the time, I'll did some more.

Time is really a constraint. Don't have much to write reviews at the moment. Tagging seems a temporaily a faster way to let people know of games. Surprisingly, for some games, some people don't know the sequel had been release in Japanese although not yet in English. Such game are still playable although one may not understand Japanese.

Eg. Quick Spot (aka Unou no Tatsujin Soukai Machigai Museum), Unou no Tatsujin - Soukai Machigai Museum 2 (sequel)
    Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (Japanese Pop game), Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 (Sequel), Elite Beat Agents (American Pop game similar to Ouendan), Sequel for Elite Beat Agents not out yet.
    Brain Boost series (2 in English, 3rd one released in Japanese but not yet in English)

Mawasunda (recently released English version named Turn it about - Similar to Dr Crygor style under Warioware Touched)

People have mentioned that Japanese version of some games have slightly more features than the English version.

There seems to be a number of nice Japanese games / non-games not translated to English. :( Some might eventually be but nobody know how long it'll take. For those not playable if one doesn't know Japanese, there's no choice but to wait for an English version. I'm still waiting for the English version for Phoenix Wright 3 & 4.

I'm trying to tag / write descriptions for Japanese games so it may encourage people to try for those playabe without knowing Japanese. There are few English reviews on Japanese games on the internet (although those that have are quite good reviews but only have for minimal games). It's seems quite fun to share with others that there are actually games that they might enjoy but just that they didn't know about it because it was in Japanese and lack English reviews.

5. Seph

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to type IP, but ID, my fingers had a mind of their own. :)

I know exactly how many tags you've added, 31 to be exact so you've done almost 1/3rd of them all so far. :)

I'd say that's nice, keep it up. :)

6. Quavers

Quavers Member

Could you help me change "Pororon Dokomodake DS" from Puzzle to Platformer instead? Sorry for the incovenience. Actually the game is a mixture of Puzzle and Platformer but I think Platformer would be better. It's something like "Mario vs Donkey Kong" & "Mario vs Donkey Kong 2". Thanks.

7. Seph

Removed. Multiple genres is on our todo list though, so at some point you'll be able to add both in. :)

8. Quavers

Quavers Member

Thanks Seph. I have re-categorised it and also added in review and screenshot as well.

9. Seph

Most excellent, I'll check the screenshot at the first opportunity in these busy times. :)

10. aririn

aririn New Member

I'm just gonna add my correction to this thread instead of making a new topic. I just noticed on one of the saturn roms, called Magic Knight Rayearth, the exe file contains a different game. Here's the rom I'm talking about:
    https://www.romulation.org/Sega_Saturn/Magic_Knight_Rayearth_(NTSC)_(U).exe.html
    When I unpacked it, this is what I get: 059 The Mansion of Hidden Souls (U)

11. Seph

Verified and working on fixing it.

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Some new games numbers are different from gbatemp.net