1. This forum is in read-only mode.

writing save file help

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by onestarv2, Jul 17, 2010.

1. onestarv2

onestarv2 New Member

Long story short: I want to write a .sav file that I used on my gba flash cart to a real gba cart and wonder if I can do it with my current hardware/tools.

Here is what I have: NDS lite, GBA, GBA flash cart and flash linker, NDS Official R4 running woodr4 firmware, gba game pkm emerald, pc

I have a pkm emerald save file I want to put on an official pkm emerald cart so I can import emerald's pokemon into Diamond's. The save of course is backed up on my pc. I tried putting the real gba cart into the flash linker, and it sees the game, but I can only backup the save file and not write it. I have read that it's possible to do this easily using other DS flash cards, but I've read nothing about the R4. Can someone point me in the right direction and help please.

Oh and this is the GBA Flash cart I have - http://www.emu-zone.net/gba-sp/ez-flash-2.htm

2. onestarv2

onestarv2 New Member

well found what I needed if anyone ever needs to find out how to do this. A simple program called GBA backup that you put on your DS flash card.