1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wow-you can sell piracy carts here...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mds64, Nov 17, 2009.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

As you know, I live in australia :)

Today, at eb games, I just bought a copy of "the world ends with you" but with a hitch-it was a fake game that failed to work on my dsi-and i COULDN'T dump it to salvage it :(

As I took it back, I saw something in a mobile shop near by in the shopping centre...

"R4i gold"

I always wondered here-and other game shops-if that is allowed to be sold, so I asked the lady at the counter...

"There is no software on it, no games, we are aware of what the main use it, but it can also be used for movies, photo's, and notes, so technically we are LEGALLY allowed to sell this here, we can only supply the running software, not the games".

So there is a loop whole-that explains the "mod shops" they have around my area, although Laverton market is really dodgy (they put games on the cards the dodgy b***tards :) ).

So, unless Someone points me towards an AUSTRALIAN web site that say's this is illegal, I think I'll believe her...
    She also mentioned that coping your own software ie games dvd's is also allowed, as long as you legally own the original.

Otherwise it's illegal, and she had a point-who the hell would want a burner just to throw a few data files in when you got re-useable usb devices these days-I GOT A TINY WD 500GB PORTABLE HARD DRIVE!

Any thoughts on the matter?

Oh and I hate anything r4, I was hoping to dob these guys in...

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I saw that specific one sold in the US as well. Too bad it's a stupid R4 clone. =/

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

So are you saying you can buy flashcarts at Eb games? or did I miss something?

4. robolink

robolink Well-Known Member

Technically you're damned right, There is a loop-hole in the legal system allowing to a degree the sale of mods of sort, if somebody bought 100 high quality DS carts and decided to sell them here it would not be illegal for anyone other than the cart makers not wanting you to sell them but they cant exactly do much about it. Not to mention you could get away with selling them for atleast double, shipping and handling on those things sometimes can end up costing the price of the damn cart. you would end up being bought out by Nintendo though. or threatened, that's if you got big enough ^^.

5. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

I bought my r4 in a phone stall in Sydney
    :D
    It is a shopping centre quite close to the city as well.

6. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I thought it was illegal to possess one.I wonder if eBay will start listing them if they are "legal" according to Gypsy Rose Lee.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Eb games has no clue these exsist XD

No, sperate, non gaming shops-unless it's a dedicated mod shop.

They are being catious, you can't even sell a hacked psp...or one loaded :(

Quite right :)

8. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I think eBay may have a "gentlemans agreement" or maybe all it takes is Nintendo to write a begging letter to them.
    I could stick an Acekard2i up for sale,and the new style Pandora and see what they say.

Ive seen hacked PSP's listed on eBay.uk,but didnt follow it up to see if they were removed.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I seen a few, but most sellers don't list the firmware-it's harder to find an OFW psp than CFW-most are already hacked...one seller even "hinted" that his was hacked and it had a 16GB loaded with games along with it XD

10. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

A local "classifieds" website where I live where people sell off all kinds of things from clothing to vehicles there are modded PSP systems and xbox 360s there is about 2 shops advertising doing mod work on just about every console thats available but I've only seen 2 NDS flashcards on there and thats been well over 6 months ago but so far I haven't seen any rules about what you can and cannot sell. You can find some good deals there at times, but for the most part some are smoking crack.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i once bought a wii from gamestop that had bootmii on it, but i couldn't run it cause i didn't know what it was then!! ;)
    i took it back and they gave me a different one, but then just a few weeks ago i put the homebrew channel on it!

i've never seen a shop that sells r4's in the US where i live......not many people are big into the flash carts cause i live in a small city......

i only know 4 people other than myself and my brother who has a flashcart.....and i gave two of my friends one each cause i have two acekard 2i's now!!

12. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

there's a lot too here in my beloved home country lol

13. jbsucks

jbsucks Guest

Stuff like this is pretty much non-existant here in Sweden. Only those who know about these things are the users themselves. (There may be some exceptions but those are very rare)

14. macgeek417

macgeek417 Well-Known Member

My AceKard 2i came from eBay.

15. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

In some parts of Northern Ireland you can buy fake R4's in petrol stations and newsagents. Never seen a decent cart for sale in a shop though.