1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wow Capcom...dick move.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by buchichu, Jun 29, 2011.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

So they think they're being pretty clever with this new Resident Evil: The Mercenaries game (3DS)- not allowing you to EVER delete your save game. Really, Capcom? You really think that's going to catch on?? Wow.

I guess they consider the threat of resales to be worse than piracy because they just enlisted a whole new group of pissed of gamers into the pirate ranks with that one. Good work, morons.

2. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Capcom said that it's just the high scores that can't be reset. Super Mario 64 DS doesn't allow high scores to be reset either...

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

LMFAO. Word? Resident Evil is going to drive people to piracy?

4. buchichu

Just being a dick to the people who actually pay for games. Pirating handheld games is about as easy as pie; I can only assume those who don't, do it out of a moral obligation. Were I someone who bought all my games and was confronted with a developer basically saying, "screw you, you can't sell this or buy it used without your game being severely compromised, sucker" I'd say that's fine, I won't buy it at all. I'll steal it. SUCK THAT.

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

This is what you people get for paying 40 bucks for a glorified minigame

6. ProtomanZX

ProtomanZX Well-Known Member

Hell no it isn't. have you ever TRIED? unless you are a nerd with no life, no one can break these. HOWEVER, I am grateful to the nerds that cracked the DSi :p

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Your "image" of what a "Nerd" is seems to be outdated :p

Just because someone can mod their console or dump ROMs doesn't make them nerds. Sure back in the day, people who were into computers & tinkering with gadgets was considered nerdish, but not anymore.

8. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

I'm a major nerd. D&D and everything.

Yeah...the only good DS games are Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ, and SUmmon Knight and FF4.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

This.

Honestly the game isn't spectacular, it's a huge meh. While the graphics look good in photos, it's different in-game (look at the zombies' animation from afar), and the audio is terrible.

10. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

So it's all speculation based on what you'd do in that position?

11. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

lol just shut up and enjoy the damned game.
    Be glad that Capcom actually made that game.

12. markswan

As Natewlie has already said, it's just a minigame created using the engine and assets from the main RE 3DS game, it's pretty brazen for Capcom to be selling it as a full game at full price. RE: 4 had the minigame included as additional content (and rightly so). It looks like this is the path that game developers are set on for the future: charging extra for content that should have been included with the main game (as has been happening for years now).

13. sylar1000

I said it too, i want credit :(

14. buchichu

No, I did a bunch of market research and then compared the statistics based on my results. What do you think?
    Really? Because when I want to pirate a game I come here and click the "download" button. Pretty easy.

15. markswan

As Natewlie Sylar1000 has already said, it's just a minigame created using the engine and assets from the main RE 3DS game, it's pretty brazen for Capcom to be selling it as a full game at full price. RE: 4 had the minigame included as additional content (and rightly so). It looks like this is the path that game developers are set on for the future: charging extra for content that should have been included with the main game (as has been happening for years now).

EDIT

You're right, I've no idea why I wrote "Natewlie"; I can't have been thinking properly : / Sorry.

16. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I think you're an idiot, and I was being far to subtle about it.

17. buchichu

Well, at least I know the difference between to, too and two. I'm kind of surprised you got the "you're" right.

18. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Yes, I made one spelling mistake, but you made a stupid topic with a stupid observation, so I've still got the higher ground.

19. sylar1000

Not Resident Evil, but companies doing things against what gamers want. Limiting Save files, Region Locking Handhelds. It's a part of a bigger picture, not one little thing, but different things that happen over time. Where the companies aren't hurting pirates, they're hurting the people that actually pay for the stuff.

20. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

No, he meant the whole process; dumping, AP hacking, etc.