1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Would you mind helping me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1991PokeGuy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. 1991PokeGuy

1991PokeGuy Member

Since this is my first post I'd like to introduce myself to the RomUlation Community.

My name is Tyler, I'll be 20 in may. I'm currently laid off and working to enlist into the USAF. On terms of gaming I enjoy my XboX (TYLER_and_AMY), my Wii, League of Legends, and StarCraft2.

I have a question and i hope one of you guys can help me out :)

Today I bought a Nintendo DS Lite off EBay.

[​IMG]

Grand total price was 124.99

It came with a few things the biggest being a lot of 34 Games. -->
    1. Nintendo DS Lite Console

2.AC Adapter ( Pin Adaptor For USA )

3.Instruction Manuals for DS Lite (English )

4.Stylus (gift)

5.Screen Protector (gift)

6.34 Free Games(gift,not including packaging and instructions All the games are not seperately)
    [​IMG]
    (Crossed out the games I'll be Donating or deleting)

So basically I assume that they are sending me a flashcart with all of these Roms on it.

What I need to know is, what is the best flashcart for a Nintendo DS Lite? (assuming that they are sending me a hunk of crap and I'll need to buy a good one)

The things I'l will be wanting to do with it is...
    • Play GB Roms
      Play GBC Roms
      Play GBA Roms
      Play DS Roms

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

acecard2i or cyclods evolution with a slot 2 flashcard (ezflash or something) if you want 100% GBA compatibility. The slot 2 flashcart allows GBA games to run natively using the GBA hardware inside the DS.

supercard DSTwo can play GBA roms without a slot 2 flashcart, but it is done via emulation on the DSTwo onboard CPU, so compatibility isn't perfect and additionally the DSTwo will drain your battery faster than a card that doesn't feature an onboard CPU and ram.

GB/GBC roms are run via emulation no matter what flashcart you get.

3. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

don't cross off new int. track and field so fast...it's a konami game and actually quite good :D

But ya, it's a cart. Get AK2i or R4 (R4 SDHC or R4i Gold if you want to use >2gb microSDs). CycloDSEv isn't so good with updates anymore. Get EZFlash 3in1 for GBA.

DSTwo if you want better SNES and MAME emulation on the go, that's really the only things it does that other carts (combined with GBA carts) can't so far.

4. 1991PokeGuy

1991PokeGuy Member

Haven't heard anything about DS ROMS, are they just super compatible with all carts?

5. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=29845.0

and that list is OUTDATED.

6. Loonylion

depends on the cart. Acekart2i is good for DS roms, so is DSTWO, cycloDS and Edge always were as well. R4s are a crapshoot because theres hundreds of different ones and most are shit, ensuring you get a 'decent' R4 isn't necessary straightforward and the entire scene would be much better off if they just disappeared.

7. 1991PokeGuy

1991PokeGuy Member

Seller's Response to my query about the games.
    Thank you so much for your purchasing and contact .

Friend ,that 34 games card are same the picture says.Don't worry.

And the 80 games card you bought , that's a DS card and games installed in the TF card.

Just insert that DS card into your dslite then you could play by your choice.

You will know when you receive it .

Any other question ,pls feel free to let me know anytime.I will reply you as soon as I got it .

So you guys ever heard of a TF card?

8. Loonylion

transflash card, its another name for an SD/microsd card.