1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Would I need Braces?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnnieBob, May 3, 2010.

1. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

I have an underbite. My Canines, premolars and molars are touching but my front teeth and two incisors don't touch.
    I'm unsure if I would need braces...
    Would my regular dentist recommend them or should I go to an orthodontist by myself?

2. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

just use a hammer to smash your teeth into place

but yet, it does sound like braces, they will fix you right up

3. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

hahaha Littlekill, but its up to you dude if you want perfect teeth get braces and I think your doctor will recommend them

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Dentists will always recommend braces. It's an easy way for them to get money.

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yup. I have a mild overbite, an incisor that sticks out due to a tooth growing in wrong, my teeth are slightly uneven, and my wisdom teeth, along with another set of teeth behind growing in (thankfully they grew in straight, and my mouth fits all of them). Due to my extra teeth, my other teeth chip due to grinding my teeth. Damn hyperdontis...

6. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Nah, unless you're worried about your look or it's causing you discomfort, you don't need braces.

I have a molar out of line and a dentist recommended braces. I asked him if it would ever cause me discomfort and he said no, but it's out of line. I said I didn't care as you can't see it unless I drag my lip right back or you're looking in my mouth for some reason. Damn extortionists!

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

My teeth are fairly straight. The farthest left incisor on top is slightly twisted, and my bottom left-middle incisor is tilting in towards the other one slightly. Other than that they are straight.

When I was little, before I lost my baby teeth, I had an extra tooth in between my bottom middle incisors

8. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

I have extra long fangs, i think im a vampire!!@!@!@!@12321312312