1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Would appretiate some help with soft modding Wii's and VC Wad's!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by highpitchsolo, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highpitchsolo

highpitchsolo Active Member

Question 1:

Ok so I upgraded my Wii's firmware to 4.0 and followed this tutorial

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=18263.0

and it worked great. Can someone tell me what files I can delete off of my SD card now? I would imagine most of it is jut installation files that are no longer needed..

This is what my SD looks like:

H:\private\wii\title\aktn\content.bin
    H:\private\wii\loc.bak
    H:\private\wii\loc.dat

H:\wad\BUL3g.wad
    H:\wad\CIOSv7.wad
    H:\wad\HBC.wad
    H:\wad\IOS35.wad
    H:\wad\IOS36.wad

H:\boot.dol
    H:\DowngradeIOS35.dol
    H:\WadManager1.4.dol
    H:\Readme.txt (this one's pretty obvious)

So now that I have the Homebrew Channel and Backup Channel, what can I delete off of my SD card?

Question 2:

I downloaded an assload of VC games in the .wad format. How do I install these to my Wii? Do I just put them in the wad folder and boot them them in WadManager1.4?

I will really appreciate any help.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I have no idea to help you-you have listed all of your details-which is impressive for a new member...

Most don't bother to going such lengths...

However, this might get more help if it were in the technical help section-this if for general discussion...

(only posted here so it get's seen, get's moved, and prehaps even a mod may help)

3. highpitchsolo

highpitchsolo Active Member

Technical Help section, yes, that makes sense.

Also, I figured out how to install the VC .wads. It was just the same way all of the others were done. I still need to know if I can delete all of that other stuff though.

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

You can delete all of the Phase 1 stuff.
    your card should have \apps, \private\title, and \wad

The private folder is for transferring your installed games/saves from the memory card to the wii. (and vice versa)

Also, since there are way more PAL wads than NTSC, google free the wads, to make them region free.

Also, download the gamecube backup loader as a .wad so that you can make it as a channel. It's handy if you don't want to use HBC all of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.