1. This forum is in read-only mode.

World Ends With you + Zoomer + EX0 doesn't work, and Rom is fine.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Z_the_slayer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Z_the_slayer

Z_the_slayer Member

Hey, guys. Wanted to get TWEWY to work, and I can play it on DeSmuME just fine, but I decided to swap over because No$GBA has time support, and TWEWY requires a clock.

Anyway, got the Zoomer, all of the EX's were enabled by default, so I disabled all but EX0 (as everyone said). Apparently, without EX0, a lot of the text becomes all discolored, so I definitely kept it on. But despite all the solutions that everyone's posted, immediately after the first fight, the one where you can't actually attack, the game freezes halfway through the cutscene. I have the most recent version of both No$GBA and zoomer, and like I said, I can play the game just fine on DeSmuME, but the sound is much worse, and there's no clock support.

Oh, and I tried enabling back on all of the EXTRA's, but with no use. Only other option I could try is changing to OpenGl mode, it's the only other solution that *might* work that I've seen online (I've read POSSIBILITIES that it could work, but nobody actually saying it does).

[EDIT] Nope, OpenGl doesn't work. If I can't find a solution from here (and I haven't been able to find any solution after all of what I already know), then I'll either need to deal with not having a clock, and going back to DeSmuME, or just give up the game entirely.

Kinda blows too, Zoomer's a much better emulator. Sucks that it doesn't work, though.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

No emulators are far from prefect - If you wish for real display just get your self a DS are DS lite and buy a decent flashcard.

3. Z_the_slayer

Z_the_slayer Member

Not to sound like a total jackass...but isn't emulation the entire point of this site? <_<
    And I'm not asking for a perfect emulator, but people CAN play this game. With the EXACT SAME SETTINGS that I have. And I CAN play this game on a different emulator, so it's not my computer. So then...what is it?

4. Jhon 591

Re: World Ends With you + Zoomer + EX0 doesn\'t work, and Rom is fine.

How is your graphics card ?

Some times onbord video cards are not much good.

Are mabe deleate the .ini files to reset all settings, Direct X is the fastest disply, openGL will be a right slow down but good display if your video card supports open GL.

5. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Does it work on another emulator?

6. Z_the_slayer

Z_the_slayer Member

Well, it is an onboard graphics card, but I can get the rom to work on a different emulator, so it should still work.

My only other option is to find a save state past this point, because there's more people than just me who are having this problem, and EXACTLY at the same point too. Right as Neku passes by Shika and Beat, the game freezes. Maybe it's not the quality of my onboard, but maybe just how No$GBA works with onboard graphics cards.

That's the only thing I can think of, since I can get it to work on a different emulator, and most people can get it to work, but a lot of people are still having the same exact problem as me.

Maybe everyone with this problem is using an onboard graphics card? Eh, whatever. Probably can't be fixed at the moment anyway.

Oh, and yes, it does work, on DeSmuME. Like I said, I swapped over because Zoomer's better, with changeable sizes, better sound, and clock support. But I can't get it to work on Zoomer.

[EDIT] Because there's no anti-piracy on TWEWY, there's no real patched versions. There's a patch to convert English into Japanese, but that's it.

7. Jhon 591

You may wish try these http://www.emucr.com/search/label/NDS?&max-results=12

I use them and safe DeSmuME SVN r4121 is latest

They are lot more fixes and speed-ups
    Post Merge: [time]1320691819[/time]
    Try this No$zoomer settings.

Go into no$gba settings, enable GBA BIOS (Nitendo logo) , be sure you have firmware.bin in the main folder of your emulator.

Then save settings, re-set your emulator (Note) importent to do so , then re-start no$zoomer and run game.

8. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Try it with redownloading that emulator

9. Z_the_slayer

Z_the_slayer Member

Erm, I can get it to work on DeSmEmu, but it doesn't have clock support. And you kinda need clock support for TWEWY to gain experience with food. Unless they added clock support (and I don't see anything about that in the description), then I'm stuck.

Hmmm...After doing some research, people are saying that there IS an internal clock in DeSmEmu. Does anyone know for sure?

Also, I tried the GBA BIOS option. On reset, it tells me the rom image crashed. On startup, it shows a little info box telling me that my rom is corrupted.

10. Jhon 591

ROM corrupted ?

You have firmware.bin in the main folder of the emulator ?

Also dont forget to close down the emu after setting are applyed. and restart no$zoomer

Post Merge: [time]1320692771[/time]
    NO$GBA full package

http://www.mediafire.com/?js0l3kmi9pxigiu

11. Z_the_slayer

Z_the_slayer Member

Actually, no. But I did save the settings after changing them. I thought it was weird that there was no firmware file. I figured it would make one after I saved. And I sure as hell didn't delete it. So do I actually have to go out and download it?

[EDIT] My bad, replied before you posted the link.

12. Jhon 591

All is in the full package a bove ^ incuded firmware.bin and bioses

13. Z_the_slayer

Z_the_slayer Member

Nope, still crashes right after I pass by Beat. Thanks for the link, though. Balls, wanted to play this game too.

14. Jhon 591

Check your setting again, be sure they are saved.

Close down and startup no$zoomer run game and see if dose same ?.

I will post some walk though screens in a few moments.

15. Z_the_slayer

Z_the_slayer Member

Yup. Reset/Startup Entrypoint is set to GBA BIOS (nintendo logo)

Saved. I reset it, and start it up. The NDS startup menu comes up. I click on my game, blah blah blah, first fight, then cutscene, then freezes.

16. Jhon 591

O so the game is runing ?, but freezes in game play ?

like this

[​IMG]

17. Z_the_slayer

Z_the_slayer Member

Yeah. Exactly like all that stuff. And I can start it up (sorry, forgot to mention that it starts correctly now), but it still freezes in the cutscene after the first fight.
    Post Merge: [time]1320694567[/time]
    I'd send a screenshot, but I don't know how to send attachments on here <_<

18. Jhon 591

I searched on google for , World Ends With you freeze

They is a few pages , http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=19014.0

Try google, But somethink to do with remove softresset, somethink emulators don't do.

19. Z_the_slayer

Z_the_slayer Member

Yeah, I saw that as a solution, too, but I don't know how to "open" the case with an emulator.

Hmm...and now load/save states don't work.

20. Jhon 591

"I'd send a screenshot, but I don't know how to send attachments on here <_<"

You have to upload vr photobucket are overs sites then post image hear

Code:
    [IMG]URL Image Hear[/IMG]

Post Merge: [time]1320695218[/time]
    Have you disabled all E0 ?