1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Working Alice In Wonderland?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zenthor, Jul 27, 2010.

1. zenthor

zenthor Member

Anyone know if a working copy of Alice In Wonderland is available? The only one that I know 'works', but will not let you get past the first boss (red knight) as he has unlimited hit points....clever copy protection, never seen this one. Anyway, this is on AceKard latest version as well as several others.
    Thanks

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

are you using akaio 1.7.1?

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

This, as there is no patch for the game.

4. zenthor

zenthor Member

1.7.....will try 1.71
    I forgot to say that it does work (you can beat the boss) on Desume 1.96

Post Merge: [time]1280199232[/time]
    update

1.71 does not work either
    May be awhile before a patch, cause the hackers probably think it works....it looks like it does till you get to 1st non killable boss.

5. LuckyTrouble77

Hate to say it, but there won't be a patch unless you make one. This game came out quite awhile ago. If there was going to be a patch, someone surely would have made it by now.

6. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

It is a DSi enhanced game it will only work on DSi-compatible flashcards (Acekard 2i etc) and even on those you won't be able to use the DSi enhancements.

7. LuckyTrouble77

The bold portion of that statement is false. Any cart's firmware that's been fixed to play the game can play it. For example, I can play it on my Original R4 with the use of the Wood firmware. The Original R4 is certainly not DSi compatible.

8. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

This is something i've read everywhere i've been and the fact that i have it working with my acekard 2i since launch (using whatever AKAIO was the newest back then) reinforces that for me. Also the wood firmware (from what i've read on a lot of forums) can bypass this "protection" on some DSi enhanced games something the acekard 2 can't do. I do have the original R4 but never got to use the wood firmware as the acekard 2i (read AKAIO) is constantly faster in updating and compatibility so i haven't done much research on the wood firmware and i can be wrong about it.

9. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

There IS a cheat database that lets you defeat enemies...

Download the latest cheat database from
    http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

I believe it was the first cheat...

Post Merge: [time]1280602964[/time][/color]

Acekard 2 is crap. Point out.
    Wood R4 runs this game, and so does YSMenu on R4 SDHC.
    Nathan Drake is right, even DSi enhanced games can be run on non-dsi flashcards.

10. LuckyTrouble77

AKAIO has actually been far slower to update compared to the Wood firmware (Something about normmatt getting angry when AKAIO 1.5 was cracked I guess). DSi enhanced games are handled just like any other game with AP when an update is made. The DSi Ware games (I assume that's what you're thinking of) can be played on a few carts, but even on a DSi, they can not be played with the required DSi features. Most DSi Ware dumps are for the most part useless.

Currently though, Wood can play every DSi enhanced game, but DSi Ware is still kind of a no mans land.

11. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

Like i said, what i saw on the wood firmware is old (first builds maybe), then there wasn't a single release, DSi enhanced or not, that didn't require patching to work (some more than one) unlike the acekard 2i (one of the reasons i first got it). I too would get angry if someone cracked the work that i already make available for free, Normatt takes his time to release the update but most of the times the "problem" is solved in a few of hours. As for DSi ware games i barely play any so never bothered to look around, i really meant DSi enhanced it's just the wood firmware evolved quite a bit since the last time i looked at it, that's all.