1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Worked for DSlite..will not for DSi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by BamaPanda, Jul 4, 2010.

1. BamaPanda

BamaPanda Member

I need help.
    I downloaded & unzipped _system_; moonshl folders along with _AX & _DS.MENUDAT + _DS_MENU.DAT & +DS_MSHL.NDS for my daughters DSlite ...and it works great..many games loaded.

Now I am helping a friend and his daughters DSi. We bought the R4 Rev card, I downloaded the RSi kernal rar and unzipped it to the R4.. along with a game.

Can't get it to do anything...no game showing.

Please help. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

So, which R4 did you exactly buy?

You need a DSi compatible card for the DSi.

Like the EZ Flash Vi, Acekard 2i, or the SuperCard DSTwo.

3. BamaPanda

BamaPanda Member

Thanks for the reply, Ace.
    The card I got for the DSi was the R4 Revolution for DS (DSi, DSL, NDS).

The files/folders I put on the mSD card was from http://www.r4ds.me/ ...the kernal download. The rar file had simular files as I had used on my N5 card (NDSlite), but for the life of me I can't yet get the same results with the DSi.

On starting the DSi, there are empty icons all across that I assume would have the games, but are blank. I have downloaded one game so far, unzipped it and placed it on the mSD card.

Thanks for any help.

4. innergamemaster

innergamemaster Well-Known Member

You sure the R4 you bought is DSi compatible??
    Post Merge: [time]1278291210[/time]
    try this one
    http://www.r4rts.cn/

5. BamaPanda

BamaPanda Member

It says so on the box..

Part of the instructions with the kernal download said:
    Please rename R4 CHEAT FILE "usrcheat.dat" to "cheat.dat", and put in Folder "_SYSTEM_"!

Or you also can use *.cht, rename it as same as *.nds, and put it in the same folder. just like aaa.nds and aaa.cht.

Does that help?

6. BamaPanda

BamaPanda Member

Finally figured out it must be a bad R4.

This R4 is supposed to be compatible with DSi & Lite, so I put the mSD from the N5 with the R4 and tried it in the DSL ..same thing - no games.

Now to see if I can return/swap the R4.

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It sounds like you got an R4 original in bad packaging. To make it work better on the Lite, try Wood R4. For a DSi though, it will never work.

8. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

on the card does it say r4i or r4?
    sounds like u got the wrong card in the wrong box...

9. azman2000

azman2000 Member

That's not where the games appear. To the very left of the menu, there should be an option to start the cartridge, you're supposed to click that.

Also, you're supposed to go to the website on the box, not the official R4 website.