1. This forum is in read-only mode.

WoodR4 has something smelly...

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Jonez001, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I discussed it with a friend of mine and I find something weird on WoodR4.

First of all I don't hate WoodR4 because without this kernel the R4 users are pretty much f*cked!

But I find it weird that they are so fast with the fixes. Come on, they are almost always the first one! Look at THE SIMS 3, a game with problems to many cards.... which kernel update fixes it first? Well, the WoodR4 kernel of course.

Now that brings some WoodR4 onwers to a level of: R4 is the best and all other flashcards sucks.... (some I know, luckely not my friend).
    But why is it taking so long for other teams like CycloDS, Ez Flash, SuperCard (2) ... to make a fix? They were great in the past and now with WoodR4 they are weaking and slowing down...

Do you see my point? I got my discussions, friendly never a battle, with my friend and now I want to hear you opinion!
    (sorry for bad english)

2. rockerzz182

rockerzz182 Well-Known Member

yeah.why dont they hire yellow goblin to fix their card??coz yellow goblin is so fast to fix games..

3. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

People like YWG and Normatt have actual talent, the flashcart companies just have persistence.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you people are forgetting that these aren't companies, they're people's hobbies and said people have lives outside of producing flashcart firmwares for you.

5. rockerzz182

rockerzz182 Well-Known Member

if only flashcart company has people like normat and ywg ther is no problem on what cart you will buy coz the fix will be fast..

6. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with Jonez, but the thing that is kinda childish is the way he talks as if he's a real goblin. But nevertheless, the releases are pretty damn good.

7. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Don't worry, he'll probably slow down after a few months.

8. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

I also think that why to R4 and not supercard for instence?
    I think that it is because R4 has a simple code or something

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

R4 has a pretty much public kernal/firmware. Other cards like the Supercard and CycloDS are more hidden with their code (so far), and it's harder to make third party firmwares for them.