1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood/Ysmenu wont work please help ive tried for hours

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by drizzy drake, Mar 8, 2011.

1. drizzy drake

drizzy drake Member

problems with wood:
    I have tried everything to get this to work. I load the .nds file up and it goes into an interface that has sd card followed by slot 2 followed by a folder. There is no menu besides those and no wood layout/ background and I don't have option to load any file. I have no idea what im doing wrong but here is a picture of my sd card folder and my r4 card if it helps i have an 8g sd card that i purchased with the r4.

NOTE: I also tried using ysmenu and i put the 6.53 update files for orginal r4 and everything worked except when i selected a game it said somethimg about an invalid dldl name or id.

I have tried everything and if anyone knows what will work please help by giving me specific insructions im very frustrated and i have been trying to get wood or ysmenu to work for hours.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Did you get error-4 when trying to run games on YSMenu. Were you trying to run a patch version of pokemon or something ?

3. drizzy drake

drizzy drake Member

when i tried ysmenu i got a dldl name error

4. lewis9191

Try run YSMenu and run it as .nds format. If it doesnt work. Post screenshot, YSMenu is very good imo, due to it being regularly updated and the fixes quite quick.

5. drizzy drake

drizzy drake Member

ysmenu actually works but when i try and run a game i get a dldl error

6. lewis9191

Right, are you running the TTMenu or the YSMenu, since you need TTmenu.

7. drizzy drake

drizzy drake Member

im not sure i have the orginal r4 so i extracted the 6.53. update files to the sd card and loaded the ysmenu.nds and selected a game and i got a dldl error for all of them

8. lewis9191

ask jhon. He knows alot about this. I only use DSTT so this is quite easy for me. http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?action=profile;u=1520347

EDIT:
    right....
    http://filetrip.net/f24241-RetroGameFan-R4SDHC-Update-%28www-r4sdhc-com%29-6-53.html.

try that and red the notepad

9. drizzy drake

drizzy drake Member

ill try ysmenu again but does anyone know why wood isn't working for me? Refer to my first post.

10. lewis9191

I wouldnt know as i never had to deal with wood. I know it is just drag and drop but maybe its your card due to the large amount of different R4 cards and clones.

11. EssenceOfAwesome

EssenceOfAwesome New Member

Whoa, the setup you got going on there looks super weird compared to my Wood setup. Have you tried just clearing the SD out, fomatting it, and then putting in the firmware(s) one at a time? To me it looks like you have more than one set up in the card.