1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood R4 V1.62 cheats help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nasonxian, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Nasonxian

Nasonxian New Member

I'm sorry if it's been asked, I did a search but didn't find anything about it, I'm trying to get cheats to work on my R4, but I can't find anything about the cheat program usrcheatsUP.nds. I just updated my Firmware to V1.62 from r4wood.coml and downloaded usrcheatsUP2.9 as it recommended, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work. I've got the Wifi connected and everything, but when I try to run usrcheatsUP, it says 'Connecting' for a moment, then says 'Download Error Powering off'.

I have UsrcheatsUP.nds in the Cheats folder in _rpg, and under the settings I have Cheats in Game(AR) On, so I honestly don't know what the problem is. If it's something simple and obvious I'm sorry, I'm still pretty new to emulators and the R4, so please be gentle... ^^;

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

What's the full name of your R4 and it's flash cart maker's official site? There are so many with such name, but few supported by WOOD R4.

3. Nasonxian

Nasonxian New Member

It's the R4 Revolution for DS, it looks like the one from r4ds.com/ only it's black, not white.

4. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701

There's a guide on how to use cheats.

5. Nasonxian

Nasonxian New Member

I seem to be having trouble at step 3, because when I press X nothing happens, I've checked and doublechecked and cheats are enabled, but I can't seem to access them.

6. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

be sure you have the right cheat database installed from a working site and in the right folder using an uptodate version.