1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood R4 setup, HELP!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lewpet, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

I tried to put Wood R4 on my R4 as the main firmware.
    I put _rpg an ds menu on the root with my games folder and nothing else. But when i put my R4 in my ds and load it, a loading sign just comes up and doesn't go away. I also tried putting it as a secondary firmware but I couldn't find some directory thing that the tutorial was talking about! I was reading a tutorial from GBATemp

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You need to put both the folder and the other file included or else WoodR4 won't even load at all.

3. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

What R4 do you have? I another thread, you said you had an R4i, right?

4. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

Yea I have R4i gold

5. Fredbox

That's a clone. Wood R4 doesn't work on clones. I'd say use the correct firmware from the website on your card, and use that to run YsMenu.

6. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

ysmenu dosnt work on r4i gold it comes uo with an error code "unsupported DLDI name"!

7. Fredbox

Well then, you're stuck with the R4i Gold's official firmware I think.

8. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

but I have wood r4 working. on the menu it has three options; sd card, some folder, and slot 2. when ever i click on one of these things it freezes. Any who where do i put roms in order to play them on wood r4? i already have a games folder with all my roms in it.

9. Fredbox

It freezes because you don't have an original R4. Did you try Wood for clones (pretty crap, but might work)?

10. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats what i was using when it froze

11. Fredbox

12. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

Jee thanks for the help...:mad: I want warioware DIY to work.

13. bubblepopelectric96

bubblepopelectric96 New Member

Hello ,
    I have the official R4 card for NDS lite . i put the .rpg folder with the ds data thingy one and put a game in the Game folder. I put it in my ds and it just comes up with a white screen and a red box saying "MENU?" it doesnt do anything or go away. HELP!!!! i need it for Pokemon Black+White

14. Fredbox

Ok, do you have the _DS_MENU.DAT file on the root of your card (the root means not inside any folders)?
    Also, what kind of R4 do you have? Are you sure it's not a clone? Because Wood R4 doesn't work on clones.
    And remember, you can play Pokemon B and W with Wood R4, but you won't get any Exp unless you patch the game.

15. kainag

kainag New Member

alright guys realy need some help
    i've been trying to get pokemon black and white to work on my r4 and gone through a bunch of tutorials and came to some problems

first i used the official 1.18 firware for a long time and it work. when i found a tutorial that made the poke games work for R4 SDHC i checked my r4 and it said the same name so i went along with it the tutorial required me to use the r4 sdhc firware, 1.34 and i tried using it and all i got was a blank screen. i was confused so just used the original firware again.
    THEN was told to use wood r4 came to some problems again. i used the wood r4 and got another problem the games won't start. realy baffled now.

so i turn to you experts to give me an explanation. HELP please, i love my ds and want to play pokemon!

16. Fredbox

Ok, what is your card (what exactly does it say on the label)?