1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood R4 Help (Loading...)

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by YuraEX, Oct 19, 2012.

1. YuraEX

YuraEX New Member

Hello,

Recently I've wanted to upgrade my R4 into the WoodR4 Firmware.
    Before anyone quick-links a guide here, I felt that I should state that I have read many guides for this (Including the well known ones), have looked at others with the same problem and tried the steps that were suggested there, as well as formatting my memory card and retrying this over and over. My R4 is an original (Which looks like this):

R4
    Ugprade
    Revolution for DS
    (NDSL/NDS)

(KINGSTON 4gb card: Worked before WoodR4 Upgrade)

And All the Root Menu contains is :

__rpg (Directory)
    NDS (Directory; for my Roms)
    _DS_MENU.DAT

Now with all that out there to hopefully help solve this issue, I still cant help but wonder why, Even though with everything done it should get past the 'Loading...' screen, why this isn't working.

What I'm wondering, is if there's something else that I should download to help resolve this issue. I know that there have been similar issues like this, but I cant tell what my problem is when trying to fix this.

Thank you all for taking the time, and if you're able to help me.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Original R4 does not have any 'Upgrade', 'SDHC' , 'i', or even '3DS' behind it.
    Original R4 only run 1GB and 2GB Micro SD, not higher than that size.
    Yours is a clone R4.

You can't use WOOD R4. Was able to run WAIO but that secondary firmware been abandoned for a year or longer. Your only chance is to try YSMENU/TTMENU. Find it in the FLASHCART SECTION. Read compatibility list provided in the main topic page to know which folder content to use, including installation method.

3. YuraEX

YuraEX New Member

Hm.. Thanks for the quick reply.. That does help a bit.
    Everyone I talked to said it was an original. But I guess it's as I feared u-u.

Anyways, back to the problem.
    I did download the Cloned WoodR4 Firmware, and after looking at the list of possibilities and not seeing the 'Upgrade' there, I tried a few options that might work. None did, however.

So now I'm stumped, and wondering if anyone with the same type of R4 that I have has been able to get around it.

Really hoping that mines one of the supported carts~

4. Prectorian

Same goes for WoodR4 for Clone, its been abandoned just as long as WAIO did.
    Have you take a look here : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0 ?
    See compatibility list to know which folder in the package to use.

5. YuraEX

YuraEX New Member

Already tried it. Which is why I asked if anyone else with this version got it able to work. The only packages that were there weren't working for my particular cart.

And if in any case that others with the Upgrade weren't able to get it to work, I'd just assume that it's like you said and got abandoned without an available version out there.~

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to say, but the R4 original dose not have the word Upgrade in it.

R4 original only has: R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)

Even YSMenu did not support Upgrade version, only R4i Upgrade it was suppoeted for.

7. YuraEX

YuraEX New Member

Lol Soooo.. Pretty much.. Mine is an unsupported version.

Well thanks a lot for that information. Saves me a lot of searching time. Now I just wish that typing in that R4 into Google didnt bring me to a latest version of Woods website.

Do you all know of any mods for this particular flashcart, or am I just up a creek without a paddle when it comes to this?

8. Prectorian

Secondary firmware that are still around;
    1. YSMENU and TTMENU
    2. AKAIO
    3. Wood R4 (Wood R4 for R4 Original, Wood R4iDSN for R4i SDHC from R4ids.cn, and WoodRPG for Acekard R.P.G)

No longer updated secondary firmware (dead);
    1. WAIO
    2. Wood for R4 Clone

R4 Upgrade used to be able to use WAIO but no longer able since the secondary firmware been abandoned. You can't use Wood, that's for sure, so YSMENU/TTMENU should have been the alternative. But since it can't, then next best thing to do is purchase a new cart such as an R4i Gold from R4ids.cn, Acekard2i, or DSTWO.

Googling don't always return proper information unless you know what keyword you need to input to generate the required result. Else, you might end up misleaded.

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

*sobs*

10. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Yea, stupid autor doesnt update.