1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood R4 DS Menu Icon

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by vile83r, May 17, 2013.

1. vile83r

vile83r New Member

I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the icon and writing above the icon on the Wood R4 Cart in the DS menu. When I click this it starts up the cart and everything works fine but I would like something different and preferably in English here.

[​IMG]

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

The card icon and name has nothing to do with Wood R4.
    The patch used on the card changes the icon and name.

Go to your card website and download and run the latest patch.
    That might change the icon.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

There's no such thing as a 'WOOD R4 CART'. Wood R4 is a name of a secondary firmware. Your R4 runs a primary firmware and the cartridge goes by another name for sure; such as 'R4i Gold 3DS'. What you need to do if it's the Wood R4's language interface is one that you wish to change, just go to the Wood R4's START MENU, and change the language option from Japanese to English, and then choose to save changes. If it's the R4's main firmware that's not in English then maybe your R4 been installed with a non-English kernel. You'll need to replace the kernel with one that's in English from your R4's official website, or see if there's a UIsettings option within the R4's folders which allow you to change it's designated language. Also make sure your console is set to use English.

In the case of that DORASU icon, it's as Xenirina said, it's the default icon of the R4's main kernel/firmware version's. Each firmware/kernel comes with a specific custom icon. To change it of cause it means to change the kernel version with a higher or lower one. Best see if your R4's website provide a new upgrade for the cart or not. Otherwise best not to temper with it. Unless, there's an option to change the default icon. To find out, you can try running the SD Micro on your computer, and see if there's anything that allow you to change it. Otherwise, again best not to touch it especially if you're not sure about what to do.

4. vile83r

vile83r New Member

Thanks for your responses. I have had to email them to see what is going on. Even though I downloaded the English version and verified the language in the R4 settings is English, these non-English characters are still present.