1. This forum is in read-only mode.

wood r4 1.12

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by edombo, Sep 17, 2010.

1. edombo

edombo Active Member

ehm readers XD, i know ur probably very busy, but could u maybe post a dl link for Wood r4 1.12, and i read Kiekoes tutortial on how to install wood, but i didn't figure it out.... its because im from another country XD like i dont understand what Root is and all, but anyways if someone could help me with installing wood r4 1.12 that would be great XD because i wanna play art academy soooo much :S

im sorry to make this post but didn't know where to do this ":s

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

http://filetrip.net/f12633-Wood-R4-1-12.html

Root of your microsd chip if the first page you open, exsample F:\ = root

That is where you place the main files from the WoodR4 v1.12 kernal

But do backup all your games and save's befor formatting your microsd chip, and then add the files into the root

_DS_MENU.DAT
    __rpg

Them are the only two that needs to be in the root of microsd chip - Make a games folder if you like and add your games into it!

Do note that this is for a R4 card original - ones for clone cards are in the troditial section hear

3. edombo

edombo Active Member

yea i put the 2 files into the root file, backuped my games, put them into my games file but i got my r4imenu and moonshell, and 1 other file in that, those have to stay in there?

Post Merge: [time]1284749168[/time]
    i now only got the folders : moonmemo, moonshl2, r4.dat, _ds_menu.dat, _rpg, r4i-menu and games, so im gonna try this, and if it doesn;t work then i have to wait for other versions to come out?

4. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

If you have an R4i, then wood isn't going to work anyway.

5. edombo

edombo Active Member

well i try'd it but the same error "load errcode=-4 please reset system" shows up :/ i dont get this anymore!!
    Post Merge: [time]1284749426[/time]
    i have a r4 SDHC and a normal Ds not dsi, i have r4 software: v1.25b and wood r4 1.12

6. KevInChester

If it is SDHD it's not an original R4 or clone of one, so Wood R4 will not work.

7. edombo

edombo Active Member

is it maybe because i use r4i software? its on my bock that i had to go to r4i-sdhc.com and dl the software from there.... be4 i updated art academy worked, but i couldn't save, and it freezed a lot
    Post Merge: [time]1284749608[/time]
    but if wood doesn't work what do i have todo then?

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If it doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you.

9. edombo

edombo Active Member

great -_-" so i cant play art academy neither pkmn white or any other good game, seems i have to "buy" it then

10. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=40353.0

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?board=35.0

Firmware are kernal should not be mixed

11. KevInChester

Wow, you know buying a game now and then is no great hardship, support the devs.

12. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

someone tell him he has a clone

13. KevInChester

Someone read previous posts ;)