1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood R4 1.04 - Resolved

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by LuckyTrouble77, Apr 12, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I decided to upgrade to the Wood firmware today. I am using an original R4 and used YSMenu up until about an hour ago. I have a MAJOR issue with it though. Upon start up, all I see are 3 icons on a black background on the bottom. A MicroSD card, a Slot 2 symbol, and a folder. I can't read any text, as it is all black on black. The top screen is just a solid blue. I followed the installation instructions fully and completely. Wiped out all parts of the YSMenu firmware, and put in the _rpg folder and the little menu thing. No matter what I do with the skins or anything, the issue persists. I can load roms and everything, but I'm not going to use this over YSMenu if it isn't going to work correctly.

Edit: SOLVED.

2. hey_hey_hey!

hey_hey_hey! Active Member

Re: Wood R4 1.04 - Lots of Issues

Do you have any skins installed?

3. Marnex

Marnex Well-Known Member

Wood R4 uses Acekard skins. If you use the skins you had on the R4 or YSMenu, it will become black and the top screen will become blue.

4. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

it's probably conflicting with the r4/ysmenu crap you may have left behind or possibly merged with it, any chance you can get a screenshot of the drive setup?

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I backed up my entire card, wiped it clean, and installed the firmware into the clean microSD. Working like a charm.

6. duckie112

duckie112 Member

Backupped my card (just incase it didnt work) installed the firmware games are starting everything works fine and renamed my saves to .nds.sav =3 was worried about losing my castlevania save

7. LuckyTrouble77

Sounds like I'm probably going to have to format. Well, this is gonna suck. My MicroSD card is very organized, I can guarantee that at the time of installation, all other firmware was gone except for remnants left that can only be erased through a format. At the moment I just have my YSMenu back on there (Yes, I changed all my save file names again). I guess I'll give it a go later.

8. car1323

car1323 New Member

Ah yes.I also had trouble before.
    What i did was backup my games and stuff onto Desktop.
    Then format that sd card again
    After put that _rpg and the .dat file (i think) onto the card
    and THEn put my games inside

But wait...theres supposed to be 2 skins iside the "ui" folder, which is black and zelda
    It works for me and it should work for you

9. zombiegavins

zombiegavins Member

just out of interest why are you not using v1.05?

10. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

most people haven't heard about 1.05 yet, gavins XD
    Either way: http://filetrip.net/f10373-Wood-R4-1-05.html

11. snuffeltjesnuselte22

snuffeltjesnuselte22 Active Member

I had that too after my mario&luigi bowsers blabla... crashed. I had to put everything in the root again and then I had to reformat. Make a forder with ROMS in it so you'll ve allmost sure (I guess) that if this happens you can allways copy that folder to somewhere else and then reformat the card.

12. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

That's flash cart data management 101 XD

13. LuckyTrouble77

Solved the issue ages ago, I just didn't think it would be revived from around three pages back like it was. A simple format solved my issues, just didn't consider it at the time as I haven't had to all the other times I had switched out firmwares in the past.

14. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

That's usually the first thing I do if the card has issues with working firmware XD