1. This forum is in read-only mode.

won't save.. please Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yumky, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yumky

yumky New Member

Hi,
    I'm new, so I don't really know if'I'm doing this all correct,
    but I have a problem with my mircoSD and my DS . It won't show my professor Layton saves.
    When I plug it in in the computer, it shows that is HAS a save, but when I want to play,all I can choose from is 'New Game'. I have a Sandisk card, and had this problem before with another card. Is it my DS? Help me please!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It'll make a sav file, but you might need to manually save in the game, take resident evil ds for example...

Just because it has a sav file doesn't mean it saves for you.

If I played this game before I'd be specifc, otherwise all I can think is if there is an option to save in the game and you haven't clicked it, then you may need to consider...

Otherwise, try the common issues thread.

3. yumky

yumky New Member

well. duh

i know there's a save thingy in the game, and i have saved it like a hundred times.
    so that's not it

i'll give you an example:
    day 1: I played layton for like two hours. then I saved it. all very well.
    day 2: then i played it again, for another two hours, and saved it like three times throughout the game.
    day 3: the next day, i wanted to play some more, so I start up, and i'm right back at the part where I first stopped (on day 1). and this three times in a row.. it's driving me crazy.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I don't think its your microsd are DS, Save problems are somethink to do with kernal, check your website for updates of your kernal as they may have fixed the problem

And wht card are you using ?

Dose it save proper for over games...

5. Mozzzzii

Mozzzzii Well-Known Member

* When you save on Prof Layton you can actually see the amount of puzzles solved change when you overwrite the save,

have you seen it do this? for example you have 20 puzzles done play for a bit solve 25 puzzles then save...

IF the save is sucessfully you will see the Puzzles solved jump from 20 to 25...on your save file slot

* Also is your SD card completely full...? try deleting something if it is

* Is the Save file (proflayton.sav) exactly the same as the .nds file..... what are your 2 files called?

6. yumky

yumky New Member

I'm using a SanDisk, is that a good one? I also have a MicroSD somewhere, so I can use that one too.

the name of the game is:
    4206 - Professor Layton and Pandoras Box (E)(BAHAMUT).nds
    and the save is called:
    4206-P~1.SAV

is this all all right? I have absolutely no clue...
    ATM I'm looking around for an update.

7. Mozzzzii

Mozzzzii Well-Known Member

first try renaming the end part of your save file from .SAV to .sav
    (from uppercase to lowercase)

if that dosent work shorten the name of both the nds and sav to something like

Professor Layton and Pandoras Box.nds
    Professor Layton and Pandoras Box.sav <--- (note the .sav is in lowercase not .SAV)

Some cards have problems with long file names

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.