1. This forum is in read-only mode.

wondering whats best to use on Pokemon HG

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Deviluchiha, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Deviluchiha

Deviluchiha Active Member

well im trying to catch a ho-oh but since i dont want to use my master ball against it,
    i was wondering what would be the best ball to use to catch it with the highest capture rate

2. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Heavy Ball should be good. It's 438.7lbs, or you could use a Dusk Ball if you go at night.
    Also beware. Ho-Oh's Sp Def stat is 154, so use Physical attacks against it. If you have a sudowoodo, equip it with Quick Claw and use Rock Slide.

3. Cheesewizard

Cheesewizard Well-Known Member

well the capture rate for ho-oh is erm 3. I now have to ho_oh's becaus ei started the game again and transfereed my pokemon. i caught it both times with a ultra ball. first time didnt take so long but the second time took ages Infact it took so long that ho-oh had used up all its pp. had to use struggle and killed itself. i just restarted the game and tried again. the guy above is right tho. but its hard to get huge quantities of them. i wud suggest alternating between ultra and pokeball because it provides a higher catch rate than just using ultra balls over and over again ^^

4. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

If you're playing at night, you have to use Dusk Balls. You can buy them in the Safari Zone entrance area.

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Dusk Balls at night. Ho-oh is just under the threshold for improved capture rates for both the Fast Ball and the Heavy Ball. If you hit your 40th turn, switch to Timer Balls.

6. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I caught Palkia on Pearl on the first turn with Quick Ball. Always use Quick Ball for the first few turns to test your luck out.

Another option is doing it the old fashion way. Paralyzing his ass and spamming Ultra Balls at him.

7. klaimore

Sleep is way better. I suggest Hypno or Alakazam or Parasect.

8. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Sleep isn't way better, as Sleep only stays in effect for a few turns. Paralysis lasts forever.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Sleep is just as good, if you have a fast user. Just reapply it when it wakes up.
    Otherwise, get a nice tank since whatever's attacking will be attacking 70% of the time.

10. -K-

-K- Member

use dusk balls or heavy balls, and get a scyther to use false swipe, as for status, id say paralyze (since you cant freeze)

oh btw raysie, palkia is catch rate 30 in pearl, so its way easier to get it

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Oh, and for some reason, I still have that superstition of holding Up and B while it's being caught. For some reason, it works...

12. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

Lol, yea, I caught Palkia with a quick ball, just like you. Quick Balls are meant for testing out your luck.
    I paralyzed it too before catching it with Ultra ball.

13. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

False Swipe, sleep/paralyze, spam ultra balls/dusk balls. Yeah, Ho-Oh shouldn't be as hard as Lugia in HG. If you run out of balls, reset and try again. Just have patience. That's all.

14. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Ahh I've been spamming ultra balls on Ho-oh for 3 hours ! until Ho Oh kept on suiciding and I kept on restarting .. fed up ugH~ i'll just wait till night time and start spamming dusk balls

15. klaimore

Just get a Pokemon with high-ass defence like Sudowoodo to block Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire, but you're dead if he uses his other special moves.