1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wondering if the r4i wifi v1.4.1 works with the 3ds?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by triplehl3ix, Mar 31, 2011.

1. triplehl3ix

triplehl3ix Member

I am planning on selling my dsi soon and gonna invest towards a 3ds, was wondering if this specific model worked with the 3ds? I know some cards are cross compatible, but not sure so that's why I'm asking here.

2. jordandrako2

jordandrako2 Active Member

What I would do is keep your dsi and still get the 3ds since there are rumors (only rumors, not proven) that flash carts will be unusable after wifi updates and can possibly even brick the system. My current plan is to keep my broken DSL to play my Acekard on and suck it up and buy the 3ds and games for it, while still getting normal ds games on my AK.

3. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

well a load of flashcards work on the latest 3DS firmware already and trust me nintendo won't brick your system,the worst thing they can do is block you from the online services and I don't think they will do that,anyway stop spreading crap because I've heard it would be illegal for nintendo to brick your system as its yours and it would be the same if nintendo came into your home and smashed up some stuff,it's illegal they can't do it.

And no sorry the r4i SDHC doesn't work on the 3DS as they are part of a company who makes you buy a new card for every new firmware update,and please don't buy another,get an acekard 2i as they work on the 3DS and it looks they they always will as they come from a great team who I don't think will ever die.
    Hope this helps :)
    PS.these are just mine and a load of other peoples be leafs so I'm not responsible for anything that might (I'm saying won't) happen to your system.