1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wireless routers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jame, Oct 4, 2010.

1. jame

jame Member

I am thinking about buying a new routers but I have no idea with one is good; right now my router is Linksys WRT54G, any idea Please

Road runner cable
    Windows 7
    Laptop with wireless N
    PS3
    Xbox 360

2. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

isn't that linksys good enough?

3. jame

jame Member

I don't know but the one that I have stop working from time to time, and need to be unplug for a wow before working again.

4. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

well linksys is pretty good. go to a computer shop and ask for another router or probably bring your own router there and they could probably give you the same model.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

linksys are no longer good, they have been deteriorating over the last couple of years.

6. jame

jame Member

any idea with one that i should looking for, and what kind of routers that you used,

7. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

whoa, really?

8. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I have a D-Link router, works great for what i need to use it for.

9. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

I would recommend getting a Belkin model, they're okay.

10. Loonylion

belkin are awful, don't touch them

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Hey loony, it's be much easier if you instead suggested a brand instead of people bringing one up and you shooting it down.

I heard D-Link was good.

Also I have a WRT54G router and I'm tired of it, it's giving me the same problem the with the OP and it has so much problems with the PS3.

12. Loonylion

d-link ive never had a router from so can't say. It might help if the OP states whether they are using cable or DSL.

13. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I have a Netgear WGR614 Wireless-G Router and it works wonderfully. Perfect connectivity with my DS and PS3, easy set up, easy to manage, wonderful thing. To top it off, it doesn't look too bad either and takes up less room than my modem.

I am using it with a DSL connection if that makes any real difference.

14. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with my d-link router

the only time is when i tried playing battlefield heroes and it disconnects after every game, no clue why. Every other game i've tried, from 360, wii, and some PC games have worked online fine.

15. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Netgear? But my old dynalink died out on few after like 7 years. So I'll recommend that.

16. jame

jame Member

Hay guy, Thanks, for all your help, so far I am thinking about buy " D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router" anyone have this. they have a good reviews, and under 100 dollars.

17. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

18. Loonylion

yeah like he can afford a cisco...