1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wireless DeSmuMe: Multiple computers, same network

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kit, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Kit

Kit New Member

Ok so I've got pokemon black and white working on two different computers that are connected to the same network.

both computers can use the wireless function as long as its only one at a time, but the moment we both try to connect it will give whatever computer connects second an error and fail to connect.

My Goal is to be able to connect both computers so that we can trade with each other or battle. Is this Possible to do with two computers on the same network? Or am I just chasing my tail here?

*edit: we are both connected to the same router through ethernet cables
    running DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.1

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I believe the DeSmuME connection needs to be through an ethernet cable and a router. Doing it through wireless will not work.

3. Kit

Kit New Member

right right, srry, wasnt very specific. we are both connected to the same router through an ethernet cable. The internet connection is working great for both comps individually but when we try to connect to each other, thats when we run into problems...

4. insanecrazy07

Then I don't know.
    I'm not really getting enough information.

I'll just assume you did everything correctly in this thread:
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=54397.0

5. Kit

Kit New Member

yes sir. like I said everything works fine as long as only one game at a time is attempting to connect to the internet.

But yes Ive followed those instructions to a tea. when I start an emulation from one computer and run the wifi test It connects successfully.

I start having problems when both computers on the same network attempt to do a trade or battle. (using the union room in game)

6. insanecrazy07

I think there's your problem. You're using the Union Room. Try connecting both to WFC.

7. Kit

Kit New Member

OH! alright ill try that! just one question...how might i do that? lol is there a specific place in game that i have to go to?

*edit, WFC: WiFi club. the center room in the back of the pokemon center right? yes when we try going there we run into the same problem. the first person to launch the "wifi" connection will connect and enter the room without problems.
    but the second person will fail to connect getting error code "52000"

8. insanecrazy07

No, WFC is WiFi Connection. It's the one where you connect to the Nintendo server. Union rooms and local connections without the server won't work.