1. This forum is in read-only mode.

winrar problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tillsa, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tillsa

tillsa Member

I have yet another problem hopefully someone can help me with i was extracting a game and a message came up saying 40 days expired either buy or remove so i removed. then found out it still should work after the trial from your forum, so i downloaded again. its extracting fine except for the title of the game if i rename the game then add it to my ttds card the game doesnt show up however if i leave the extraction letters and numbers it will play i just dont know what they are.

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Renaming the rom is fine as long as you keep the .nds at the end.

By "extraction letters and numbers", are you referring to the four digit number preceding the rom name and the single letter enclosed in parentheses at the end? The number signifies which number rom it is (ie 0001, Electroplankton, was the first DS rom). The letter refers to the region code of the rom's place of origin. (U) refers to American roms, (E) to European roms and (J) to Japanese roms. There are other letters, but those three are the most common.

3. tillsa

tillsa Member

for example jewel master cradle of egypt has been changed to Ind-begp.nds i dont know where the letters have come from

4. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Just rename the file but keep the extension ".nds", as what uber has stated in his post, also the same with the save file if ever you created one. *don't mess with the file extensions*

5. tillsa

tillsa Member

thank you so much i was renameing after the extraction but now rename before and everything is perfect thank you much appreciated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.