1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Winrar Message cannot create: then the name of the game

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by glennprue, May 26, 2010.

1. glennprue

glennprue Member

Hi, I have downloaded lots of games on my sons NDS Lite about 2 months ago using WinRar and didn't have any problems. I have since tried to download quite a few different games over the last few days and have received a message when trying to extract the files to my e drive (where the aceKard is), being; Cannot create/(then the game name)/The media is write protected/No files to extract.
    I'm sure I am doing the same thing as previously, I have contacted WinRar and they have just said to check everything which I have done eg the correct drive etc.
    Could this be a problem that you can help me with?
    Please help as I am not getting anywhere fast!
    Thank you!
    Prue ???

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Your MicroSD is corrupted or you just have the write protect switch on. The MicroSD is the tiny card you take out of the Acekard (because you said you had your Acekard in your PC which is impossible) and plug into your PC. You should be using some sort of adaptor to plug this in (either SD card shaped or USB). Have a look at your adaptor. Does it have a switch anywhere on it? If it does, try switching it the other way from where it is now. If there is no switch anywhere, then your MicroSD is corrupted.
    If it's corrupted, the first thing to do is to back everything up (copy everything from it into a new folder on your PC) and then format it. Go into "My Computer" and right click on the drive that is your MicroSD. Then choose "format". Then follow the instructions and click "start". If it says it cannot format it because the disc is write protected, then either it's completely broken, or there is a switch on it or the adaptor that you missed.

3. glennprue

glennprue Member

;D WOW I had no idea the adapter had a little switch on it, which was turned off/on. You are a legend! Thank you so much from me and my now very happy son!
    Thank you thank you!
    Prue

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Ok, glad that sorted it. Any more problems, this forum is usually very friendly and helpful.