1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Windows Live

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fennyariel, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

I just downloaded Batman Arkham Asylum from Steam and when I start the game it's wanting me to log into my Windows Live account for some reason. So I'm like OK, fine. But then I find out that I can't log into there either! It's saying that somebody else is trying to use my account. Could somebody please tell me what heck is gong on?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

is windows live even still operating? it was supposed to be shut down months ago.

3. Fennyariel

Oh great! So now what am I supposed to do?! I can't play the game unless I log on. So now I've blown money for nothing?!

4. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

only the messaging service was shutdown, all other parts still work.

try changing your password

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Oh that's right.
    Microsoft bought Skype right?

6. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

It still works ;o

7. Fennyariel

Well that didn't work! I'm still being called CarvedElf17! Could somebody please tell me how to make a new account?

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Make a new account where? Windows Live? There's an option to create new account when you visit the sign in page.
    You're called CarvedElf17 in Steam? If there's no option to change public user ID (not the sign in ID), then no, it's probably not possible unless you create a new one using a different e-mail account.

Only their GALLERY (now apps for windows 8 ), WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER (now Skype), and WINDOWS LIVE SPACES (now Wordpress) been shut down, with messenger being the most recently closed.

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Create an Outlook.com account.
    Works with (obviously) Outlook, SkyDrive, Skype, Windows Live and possibly Xbox Live (not 100% sure).

There is an option to change the Steam ID (the public one) on Steam itself (the app, not site).
    But I think if the game requires Live, then you're stuck with the one you've got unless you create a new one.

Not 100% sure on this, but from experience, if you're not intending to play online, you can use an offline profile.
    And that can be called whatever you like. But I've only ever used that on EFLC, so not sure if it's the same on other games.

Hi prectorian :)

10. Prectorian

Hi Xenirina :p

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

How's helping out the community going?
    Say, want a free Mirror's Edge Steam code?

12. Prectorian

Been "dry". I don't use Steam, thanks for the offer.

13. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

:p
    No new comments all last night. Was so surprised...

No problem. I got about 5 copies of that Humble Bundle. :)

14. Prectorian

I think I did respond to a post or 2 yesterday, but it's been quiet here.

15. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Indeed.
    I swear DS-Scene has more activity. And that place barely has any users online at any time.

Wish we could go back to days when we had 7k people on...

16. Prectorian

That's going to happen again once a proper 3DS rom flash cart is available. Also there'll probably be a bit of a ripple once the X & Y is out even if no 3DS rom cart is out yet (don't include Gateway since it's a lame cart).

17. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yeah true.
    X/Y will hopefully bring some hype.

And yeah, once a 3DS card becomes available.
    Whilst the Gateway is pretty lame, it's a start. Hopefully better teams will get their hands on it and make it better, or get motivated to build a good card.

18. Fennyariel

That's all well and good but all you told me was that it is possible to create another account, not how to actually go about doing it. And yes being able to sign in is necessary because if you don't the game won't save. And we all know how bad it sucks when we can't save!

19. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Come on mate.
    It's a simple as doing a Google search for 'Outlook.com account'.

Here, let me do it for you.

20. Fennyariel

But I don't want to join Outlook, I want to create another Windows Live account.