1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Win RaR not free?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by girlsjustwant2havefun, May 13, 2011.

1. girlsjustwant2havefun

girlsjustwant2havefun Active Member

Hi! I haven't downloaded anything in almost a year. I downloaded a Rom, extracted it onto my CycloDS, put it in my DS and it showed just a folder icon under my games that won't do anything! I went on my computer and clicked on the file and a window popped up saying Win RAR is not a free program and I need to buy it. Can anybody help me out? I'm not real tech savvy but I do follow directions well! ;)

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

it is free. but that usually happens. its better if you right click the file you want to extract and press extract

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

just click 'close ' on the box telling you to buy it. The program continues to work.

4. girlsjustwant2havefun

girlsjustwant2havefun Active Member

So do you have any guesses as to why all I'm getting under my games is a folder icon, 2 actually, 1 has 3 dots by it, the other has the game name and "last played" next to it. When i tap them they bring me back to my main DS game page. I'm using a ROM site I've never used before. I use to use this one for all my ROMs until we stopped being able to use it, but I did get the site from the Affiliates page.

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

not sure. but you can still get games here. its in the nds share section: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?board=55.0