1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Will trimming my DS Roms cause some of them to not work?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by onekewlpenguin, May 16, 2009.

1. onekewlpenguin

onekewlpenguin New Member

Hey there! I have nearly filled up my MicroSD Card in my M3DSReal, and unfortunately do not currently have the funds to buy another card. I've heard about rom trimming with TokyoTrim, but I was wondering if that would cause some of my games to not work? Assuming that I'm using this program with all un-patched games directly off of Romulation, could this potentially cause problems with some of the games? Thanks in advance!

Parker

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Very rarely would it cause any issues (which a lot of old trimmers did). You shouldn't encounter any issues with trimmed ROMs however :)

3. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

All it does is get rid of the empty space

4. onekewlpenguin

onekewlpenguin New Member

Okay, but I've read that trimming roms will often result in a non-working download-play. Is that true? Thanks for your replies, btw!

5. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

That was a problem with the old trimmers, but I know that the most recent version of TokyoTrim is fine. But why would you need to buy another card when this one is full? Why not just swap out some of the old stuff you haven't played for a while for any new stuff you want?

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Trimmers like TokyoTrim or even R4 Trimmer do not modify anything to do with the Download-Play area in the ROM. That was only an issue with older trimmers in previous years, like ^said.