1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Will my Acekard 2i swap from a Dsi to a new 3DS

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by angusangus, Nov 24, 2011.

1. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

I am thinking about trading in my boys DSi for a 3DS but before doing so need to know a couple of things please?

Will my Acekard 2i work in a 3DS?

If so, do I need to upgrade/update it and will it still play all of the games I have downloaded over the past 18 months?

Then, can 3D games be downloaded and played on the 3DS or do they have to be bought?

Thanks in anticipation

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yes, you can safely update to 2.1 on your 3DS online and it will still work, as long as you patch your AceKard with this http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143.zip. If you plan on buying Super Mario Land 3D though, it will update your 3DS to 2.2 and it wont work with the AceKard 2i until a new patch is released.

3D games cannot be played as of now.

3. angusangus

Thanks for the reply Mike. If 3D games can't be played, how come there are places to download them - such as Lego Star Wars 3D that I'm downloading now?

Is it pointless in me doing that? And pointless buying a 3DS unless I intend to buy games?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you have no way of knowing what you're downloading is what it claims it is. At this point it is impossible to verify that dumps of 3ds games are legitimate, much less use them.

5. angusangus

okay, thanks Loony