1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Will 4 GB Micro SDHC cards be usable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DS Expert, Sep 30, 2007.

1. DS Expert

DS Expert Member

I want to buy a 4 GB Micro SDHC card, but I'm not sure if it'll work on my Supercard lite or the R4. I just don't want to buy that card and later find out I can't use it. Has anybody bought one and used them on their emulation gadget?

Here's a link about the card while I was researching it:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/06/12/review_sandisk_4gb_microsdhc/

2. awfreak

awfreak Active Member

i dont know if your cart will accept a sdhc, but i can tell you the 4gig microsdhc from Sandisk will be a problem for some games.

in researching for my future Cyclo, which naturally plays the problematic games more easily, the Sandisk was one of the worst.

apparently most/many games will be fine on most cards, but there are some troublesome games - AND- download play can be a problem

you need random access rates of 0.6 to 1MAX

only one that MIGHT do it IF you can find it is the Toshiba brand.

jb

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Neither Supercard nor R4 supports SDHC no, the CycloDS Evolution does though, and it supports it fine, as long as the read/write speed is decent it's no problem.

4. DS Expert

DS Expert Member

Well I guess, I'll stick with the GB Micro SD cards then because I don't think want to spend the money right now on a CycloDS Evolution. Thanks for feedback guys. 8)

Anyone else can post their thoughts on this issue if they want.

5. DemonHeadx

DemonHeadx Well-Known Member

Yea i have a CycloDS and a 4gb MicroSDHC and it plays castlevania(spelling is way off i bet) no problem! Even though i don't really like the game i tested it :D Also woorks on my new 6gb MicroSDHC so go for the cyclods.

Also anyone know of a slot2 device that supports sdhc? i would love to put my 4gb for slot2 and 6gb for slot 1 only :D

6. awfreak

awfreak Active Member

hi

could you PLEASE post the brand, country and class of your 4gb and 6gb ??

ive been researching and searching for 3 days about them.

Castlevania--- have you used the portals and paused/started the game a few times? (thats where it crashes)

Many thanks !!