1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wild Arms 2 knows my PS is modded?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by omgwut, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

I downloaded the PS game "Wild Arms 2" and tried playing it. Then I got the message that my PS is probably modded and won't allow me to play it.

Any way to bypass this thing? And I'm not going to block the sensors cuz breaking the PS is not worth it. Also don't know how my PS got modded and is not going to open the PS cuz I'm afraid I might break something important.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You mentioned "don't know how my ps got modded" but you know it's obviously got chipped right?

I heard of these games, it's not the ps that's detecting it, it's the game that is doing it-prehaps there is a patch that can get thru it...

You see, most ps game will work on a chip ps no problems, but some games detect that it has been modded, and try to prevent you from playing...

But I have no clue really since i don't have a ps-but I thought I'd give you piece of mind that it's not the ps that needs modded-probably the disc needs to be re-done differently I guess.

3. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Okay, so now I know my PS is chipped.

And the only was for me to play the game is to either remove the chip or re-done the game?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Removing the chip won't help-it will mean you can't play it at all!

Not sure but prehaps you need to do something with the game, like prehaps a patch or something, try googling

"how to get wild arms 2 to work on psx+burnt" or something that makes sence via google.

I don't have much experience, but I know of the issue-sorry I can't be much more help.

5. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Well, I have no luck finding it, since the game isn't that popular... :(

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sorry but may work if you use epsxe (a ps1 emulator for pc) as i read from here

http://psxemulator.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=support&action=display&thread=488

No mention of psx play-but prehaps if you have a look on that...

But there is a patch like I mentioned

http://forums.ngemu.com/epsxe-archive/14975-wild-arms-2-a.html

(find the link-but read it first0

Got bored so I looked myself :)

Hope THAT helps-the second link mentions a patch and has a link to presumably download it, and the first explains a bit about it, check both, you may find some answers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.