1. This forum is in read-only mode.

wikipedia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by codemeister1990, Mar 3, 2008.

1. yeah....someone should make a romulation page in wikipedia, that might help traffic :D

or, like my school did, make your own wikipedia....i.e. romulation.net/wiki :D

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that has been planned for a long time, but we never thought the demand would justify the effort of installing and maintaining it. The forum is only borderline worth the effort.

3. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

i think having a romulation wikipedia is good at least people would not keep asking the same question over and over again on the forum

4. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

Romulation.net was mentioned on Wikipedia. But its' been taken off :)

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I was going to make an article on RomUlation, but I couldn't understand all the necessary guidelines and references and all that other stuff. So I gave up.

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Every article starts out as a stub (unless it was expertly planned for months before publishing) so I guess it should happen.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

RomUlation is illegal thus it will not be in Wikipedia, it's not like it will help much either really, links are nofollowed so they aren't worth anything and the links would only stay up for a few hours at most.

8. Born2killx

What's nofollowed? Warez is illegal and it's on Wikipedia. :p

9. Loonylion

nofollowed refers to a tag put into links that stops search engine spiders following them.

10. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

Is romulation really having trouble with traffic? How many visits did we loose over that stupid law thing?

11. what about romulation.net/wiki?

12. N3M351S

yea thats' how it should be done, like Azureus/Wiki

13. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We went from 25.000 to about 12.000 a day, we're backup to 16.000 a day now with 19.000 on the weekends. Our max ever was 36k a day.

14. Born2killx

Was the 36k before or after the stupid law thing?

15. Loonylion

before we got shut down.

16. N3M351S

whats about the future of RomUlation.net? will this kind of thing happen again?

17. Loonylion

who knows?