1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Wii] tatsunoko vs capcom: cross generation of heroes - krazyyaj

Discussion in 'Review Submission' started by krazyyaj, Jul 20, 2009.

1. krazyyaj

krazyyaj Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

title: Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes [Jap]
    release date: December 2008 [Jap]
    north American release - Fall 2009
    production - Tatsunoko Prod and Capcom
    genre - 2.5D fighting
    system - Wii,arcade

from tatsunoko, the animation company that made classic anime such as gatchaman (g-force), speed racer, samurai pizza cats, and many more anime, and Capcom, the developer of the street figher series, onimusha series, megaman/rockman series, and many other games, comes this fantastic cross-brand 2.5D fighting game. the epic return of the Marvel vs Capcom fighting engine has returned but in a new twist. the air combos/aerial rave has returned since its last stop. this fighting game pits 1 character going against another character as most fighting games do, however you also have a second character making it 2 vs 2. this game also introduces mega characters which you can control 1 but it counts as 2 characters.

Presentation:
    9/10, the game presents itself quite well, as it is a new cross brand in which most international viewers do not know who Tatsunoko Prod. is. the characters themselves do annoy some gamers for the reason that majority of the characters from tatsunoko look alike, but its seen as more of a company trait to have similar designs. despite the negative comments, i would rate presentation for the game 9/10 because the arcade/story is nothing new, you see a cutscene in the beginning, fight X amount of people, fight last boss, see another cutscene.

[​IMG]

Graphics : 10/10, considering that this game is for the Wii makes it all the better. the graphics are in 2D format as the Capcom Crossbrand series are, but however, this Crossbrand is taking the graphics to the next level with the new technology from the Street Fighter 4 graphics. the graphics are great. not only are the characters in the next level, no flat screen 2D characters, the beams (shinku hadoken,etc.) have also gone to the next level with their graphics up and beyond.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sound : 10/10, the sounds are also an improvement. along with the many sound effects and names of moves. this game has also brought sounds to the next level. as you are able to switch between 2 people in the midst of battle. when you are going against computer in the arcade mode. the background song will switch whenever your computer foe switches to another character, the song will be the same for that specific character but it is constantly changing. alot of the previous fighting games have characters with their own specific stage with that stage comes the stage's background music, but with TvC, no specific character only stage exist other then the final boss, however they have the character only music.

gameplay: 10/10 with a controller, hands down, this game deserves a 10/10 gameplay. with the nuncuk/wiimote 5/10.
    the engine is seen as a revival of a classic but it is the classic in the next level.
    this is a 4 button game, 3 buttons which are low attack, medium attack, and high attack, the 4th is an aid button, telling your partner to aid you. the attack buttons plays a roll as both punch and kick making the air combat every bit more challenging. for example. down, diagonal down-back, back + light attack does a weak tatsumaki senpu kyaku (hurricane kick) with ryu, while down,diagonal down-forward, forward + light attack does a weak hadoken (fireball) with ryu.
    it has fast paced button mashing game, this game also makes "turtle fighting" clearly impossible due to the fact that you can regular jump and also high jump, not only that, some characters are fast paced leaving turtle fighters waiting for the shoryuken (dragon punch) on the sidelines. it has been a deeply long time since Marvel vs Capcom 2 came out, so the Air Combo style has been out of service for a while, but it makes a great epic return in this game. Character combination are a good way to start things as you can do a double special move where both your characters do their special move together i.e. (ryu - shinku hadoken and chun li - kikoshou). the wiimote and nunchuk are very annoying to use, one button does fireball, and the most annoying thing, moving the nunchuk or the wiimote slightly will unleash your double special.

originality: 10/10, this game is all original, the engine may be similar to MvC, but it is not, as stated, it has its originality. a new cast of characters, besides the Tatsunoko Characters which many international gamers have never seen, capcom has also inputted new original characters. you will see only Ryu, Chun Li, and Alex from the street fighter series. sorry guys, no ken or gouki (akuma) in this game. Rockman/megaman and Roll have returned ,but megaman/rockman have came in the style from Rockman Vollnut/ Megaman Vollnut game while Roll is not the machine roll from MvC but rather a little girl using house supplies. it also brings Batsu Ichimonji from the Rival Schools series. Onimusha fans, you will see Saki from Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams. And last but not least, you will see a mega character who is originally from Lost Planet.

[​IMG]

total: 49/50. your scores will probably be different from mines. this game isn't nearly the perfect button mashing fighting game, but it takes things to the next level. new renditions of past fighters are in this game along with some new characters. A definitely guaranteed and must have for fighting game lovers. A new fighting style ,3 button combat, but the epic return of the aerial combat and double team features. this game has its own disappointments but its nothing you cant ignore. ONE LAST THING. If you hated the boss in Street Fighter 4, you will hate the boss in this game.
    this boss has 3 forms, your life bar slowly recover as you beat form 1 and form 2, the first form is a somewhat simple form, he sits in the middle, does a roll attack and can suck your special meter, not too hard, the second form, he sits at the right side, has tentacles, 3rd form, cheats, has an instant kill special which he'll grab you, and blast you with a beam so be on the move. he will be a great challenge if you use all Tatsunoko characters as they are mainly hand to hand combat.

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XmvnCzzS-c

sidenote: there is a mini-game feature, but i was playing an import version so i wasn't sure which mode it was under or what you do, so all i did was switch options, get characters, and fight.

difference in international release: not sure of at this time.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Oh my,
    I feel dizzy...-_-"

3. krazyyaj

^ lol. whats wrong this time?

4. meganova

Restructure your text.

5. krazyyaj

what do you mean?

6. meganova

maybe like this...

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

The one that meganova quoted has a lot of run-on.

Just correct your punctuation, and I'm not going to go on about the whole intro/body/conclusion structure again, since no one gets it. Because there is no actual in-depth story, I'll let that slide, but you could talk about character balancing, whether there is a proper balance or are there some "top tier" characters (TR4Q!) like many fighting games have. Finally, they have a semi-3D game with respectable graphics. I remember when Street Fighter came out on the PSX and they should've kept it the old 2D style. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is just...epic. I'm glad this game uses the same style of play.

8. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

The way you summarized it all up is a bit of a mess.

9. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

I actually like your review. I think you're on to something but your punctuation can be improved. Work on that a little and I am happy to accept. Also remember, a new sentence begins with a capital letter lol :)