1. This forum is in read-only mode.

wii rom iso not recognized by wii backup manager

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by saysbadman, Apr 28, 2014.

1. saysbadman

saysbadman New Member

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I gave a good look around and didn't see the info I needed. I usually backup my own wii disk from my soft modded wii to my hdd, but I have one scratched so I was trying to get the wii rom iso. The problem I'm having is the wii backup manager says the iso is invalid so it doesn't even give me any options. I got the rom from here so I thought you guys would have some insight. The most obvious difference is the size. The average size and smallest size of my ripped games are both 4,589,824, the the roms from here very in size and are smaller than my smallest. How do I bring the file up to the standard to be recognized by my wii backup manager?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

have you extracted the iso from the compressed archive?

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

At least tell us what's the name of the iso file that gave you trouble. That way the admin or anyone around here could test it out to see if the problem is with the file or not.

4. saysbadman

saysbadman New Member

Yes, I have unrared it.

The name of the rom is monopoly streets.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys.

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Hmm.
    Could you try running it in the Dolphin emulator? That will confirm whether it's a bad ISO or something else.

6. saysbadman

saysbadman New Member

I'll fiddle with it again tomorrow. I don't think the file is bad, but may be the wii backup manager doesn't like it not filling out the dvd.

Messed with it again before work. Thanks for the pro tip necr0. I downloaded Dolphin and executed the Iso and dolphin recognized it as a GameCube iso. So that's the problem. I'm sure I was in the wii section, but I can't go back and check my download history. Guess I'll try somewhere else. :(

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Ahaha. Weird.
    Well, not sure what you downloaded it from then. I just downloaded the version from the main site, and it runs like a normal Wii ISO on Dolphin.

Make sure you downloaded this: https://www.romulation.org/roms/Wii/Monopoly-Streets-U-PLAYME.rar/

8. saysbadman

saysbadman New Member

Necr0 that link was what I needed! It worked like a charm, thanks a bundle! Guess I downloaded the GameCube version unknowingly.

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Lol.
    Glad it's fixed :)