1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii remote similarities

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by puppetlad, Dec 6, 2009.

1. puppetlad

puppetlad Member

Hey, just bought my Wii yesterday and i think 3 games with it:
    Call of Duty 4 (or reflex i think)
    Mario Kart
    New Super Mario

Only now do i realize that the Wiimote and Nun-chuck share very obvious similarities with older consoles. I've been in gaming since the Atari 2600 so i've basically owned at some point every nintendo (and atari :( ) console to date. First the Wiimote looks alot life the NES remote, everyone realizes that, BUT the Nun-chuck looks alot like the joystick of the N64 controller... think about it, they both have triggers and a joystick, when you hold the N64 controller, it actually feels like a Wii Nun-chuck...

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The joy stick is closer to the gamecube stick...the n64 was rubish and wore out too quickly.

You have a point...

Let's see...it's not a throw back to the n64, but more or less luck, it was intended to be more like a fighting pose..hence "nunchuck" :p

3. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Wow, it's weird, you're right!
    And yesterday, I was playing my cousin's PS3, and I was like "WHOA! THIS CONTROLLER TOTALLY FEELS LIKE A PS2 CONTROLLER!"
    And have you noticed how similar the Wii's Classic Controller is to the SNES?
    It's because it's the same company, things can't change completely or people would think "What the hell, this doesn't feel like Nintendo :/ "

4. JynxJester

JynxJester Well-Known Member

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=106020

Your mind = blown.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

More like an nes controller.

The classic controller is more closer to an snes.

However...overall the wii remote is a drastic change because in most games...you don't hold it sideways, but your general point is a good one.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

my grandpa bought us a ps2 about a year after it came out, and i've had the original controller since 2001, and it does NOT feel like a PS3 controller. the ps3 controller's r2 and l2 buttons are totally different than the ps2, and the analog sticks are way different in the feel of them.

the wii-mote is similar to the nes i agree, but the nunchuck is not like an n64 controller, like hypnos said.

if a game company wants to change its controllers then i wouldn't mind at all. i would just deal with it. but the public masses wouldn't like it probably and would probably complain..........people..........

7. exiavalanche

exiavalanche Well-Known Member

my mind was blown

8. CloudBoii12

... ace, honestly, that's just noob.
    Is it the same shape?
    Are the button placements the same?
    Do they both have a D-Pad, 2 Analogue Sticks, L1 + L2, R1 + R2, Triangle, Square, Circle, X, Select and Start?
    Yes they do.

9. lopolativo

lopolativo Well-Known Member

wouldnt they all be similar somehow?
    because when a company releases a new console or something
    its basically like the old one with new improvements and stuff
    so the wiimote could be like a mash up or previous ones :s

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

any one else notice that microsoft ripped off the dreamcast controller for the xbox 360?

11. CloudBoii12

Holy shit, they're actually fairly very similar :|

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what it looks like, it's one of the best (my opinion) games consoles ever!