1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii Homebrew Playstation 1 emulators

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RomMan9000, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RomMan9000

RomMan9000 Well-Known Member

The two that you find on the Homebrew Channel Browser aren't working for me.
    I have no clue what file I need to play.
    Is it like ePSXE where I need the .ccd file to play the game?

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I find the best of the two is WiiSX. I would recommend you download it yourself and read the readme. That says you need the games to be in .bin/.cue format. But you also need the SCPH1001.BIN file. Use google to find that and put it in the same directory as the games (sd:/PSXISOS/ ie a folder on the root of your sd card called PSXISOS). For a compatibility list, this is the best there is:
    http://tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12671&highlight=wiisx
    Reply if you have any problems or if you get it working (I like to know if I helped or not).

3. RomMan9000

What of sav files (if any)?
    Also, I picked up Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage from here.
    Does that mean I can't play it? I also got another game from here as well w/the same extensions: .ccd, .img, and .sub.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You could convert the iso type format if you locate it-google it-forgot the name of what I used.

But check the compatiblilty list first-not many games work on it.

I'd try a pc emulator for psx play-epsxe is one of the best.

5. RomMan9000

I'm using that right now, but figured I'd try using the Wii and see how that works.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Let me know how it goes-I might consider it myself :)

7. Fredbox

It's really not that smooth. But it's functional for some games. I'm just using it because I have a completely hopeless PC. As for the game formats, on romulation it seems they're all in different formats. You'll have to convert them. I used Alcohol 120% to mount the image, and then MagicIso to rip it in .bin/.cue format. As for the lagging, that's just how it runs. Sound comes out slowed down.

8. RomMan9000

So does that mean that neither emulators work for the Wii? Are the other emus good? I.e. one for for Gameboy generations and N64?

9. Fredbox

Well, I wouldn't say WiiSX doesn't work, it's just a bit slow on most games. Some simpler ones run fine. There's a good GBA emulator called VBA GX, but no N64 emulator. Also, there's a SNES emulator called SNES9X GX. There are probably a bunch of emus for older consoles too, but those two are the only good Wii emulators I know of.

10. RomMan9000

Wow....and these are just from the Homebrew Browser? Any that can be downloaded to the SD card and ran from there?

11. Fredbox

Well, I know nothing about the Homebrew Browser. I manually download all my homebrew, put it on the SD card, and run it through the Homebrew Channel (although both of those emus are available as WADs so you can install them as channels).

12. RomMan9000

Are you sure that'll work? Is it complicated? Could I convert the .ccd file I have from here?

13. Fredbox

Yup, if you can mount it on a virtual drive (alcohol can do that).

14. RomMan9000

So I'm gonna need Daemon, right?

15. Fredbox

Although I've never used Daemon tools, I've heard of it and I'm pretty sure you can use it instead of Alcohol 120%. Just mount the .ccd onto the virtual drive and rip it as a .cue/.bin file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.