1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii gator [wii homebrew]

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dragneon007, Mar 8, 2010.

1. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I have a few questions that I need answered quickly since I'm about to sell some Gamecube games and I'm not sure if wiigator can play gamecube ISO's through the USB flash drive or the SD card.

So far I quickly googled, but only ran into backups with burning, but nothing about my question if it can play games from the USB or the SD card in a similar manner such as playing the N64,SNES,GBA,SEGA,PSX, through the SD card.

Also, I read a tiny part about bricking your wii, but does this have a higher brick rate then installing the wads and other apps?

Thanks for who ever reads and answers my question, much appreciated.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The GC Backup Launcher is the only GC backup thingy for the Wii that I know of.

You need cIOS38 rev14 in order to run it.

I don't want to give up my ability to play newer Wii games for a few GC games, so I haven't downgraded to test it out, but I think it works pretty well.

Though you may lose the ability to play GC I've heard if you use it.
    (Not sure on that one.)

You can only play them via disc because it hasn't been developed as far as the Wii games have unfortunately.

3. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

On second thought I'll just stick with my last few GC games then.

thank god I didn't sell windwaker VJ2 and sonic gem collection.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

:)

It's not too complex, but I will probably never dabble in this area of the Wii scene.