1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by warba98, Feb 17, 2010.

1. warba98

warba98 New Member

Why there are no Wii games on RomUlation.net ? Isn't it even easy as PlayStation games?

Please leave a comment...

:) 8)

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No they're not. Unless you can point me directly to a Wii emulator that plays every game properly with ease and finesse.

Also, ADJFAFIWAEFHPAFJ:FEK.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I have NEVER seen a site that hosts entire Wii games. They always just host links to MU/RS/MF etc.

Most of the ISOs are in.rar files, but most of them are still around 3.5 GBs.

The smallest Wii ISO that I have seen is Wii Play at 94.7 MBs. :) Pretty small for a Wii game.

That's in cISO format and in rar compression.

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Yeah, and they're only that small when scrubbed (like trimming), so the they aren't the official scene releases too.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

They're the real deal. :)

6. Fredbox

If they are scrubbed (ie smaller than the full game disk) then they aren't the scene release, they are modified versions of the scene release. So Seph probably wouldn't want to host them. And hosting the full versions takes up too much room, hence the lack of Wii games here.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

True. And he doesn't feel comfortable about hosting them as from what I have read around the forum.

8. zaghi

zaghi Active Member

I never knew that they could be trimmed, I did wonder but, with a 500Gb hard drive, you don't need to trim them, you can get 30 games (at full size) on there and it only takes around 150Gig.

For backing up obviously..

Unless that's all you ever do, 30 games is a lot, trouble is you pay more for a lower capacity HD nowerdays than a big one.. Silly really.

Can't realy see the point of them being here though as there is no REAL emulator for the Wii.

Most sites are linked to torrents like espalwii which take forever to finish.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Why would you want to waste 4.37 GBs on a game that in all actuality only takes up 310 MBs?

I don't see the reasoning in this. :p

I use WBFS manager to put my games onto my flashdrives. It saves a LOT of space from the method that you have suggested.

Torrents are too slow and easily traceable. That's why I use other sites that provide direct downoad. And there are surprisingly a lot that offer this option.

10. zaghi

zaghi Active Member

I used the WFBS Manager too, but I didn't see a trim thing, does it do it automaticaly??

I only did it quickly, didn't pay much attention..

11. Fredbox

Yeah, WBFS manager just copies over the useful data, not the garbage filler. So it effectively auto-trims them.

12. mars427

mars427 Well-Known Member

espalwii.com does but it uses around 5gb per game and they said they was full with gamecube games
    imagine getting all the games
    5gb times by 2000 is 10tb
    the best you hope for is a few games but for now use torrents or espalwii
    and the download time is long about 5 hours at premium and 5000 points is a lot of points !