1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii games

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Akutbajsa, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Akutbajsa

Akutbajsa New Member

Does anyone know of a place where you can download Wii games?

2. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

Bittorrent

3. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

It's probably easier to buy them. I haven't heard of any modchips.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Lies MA! There are plenty of modchips, WiiKey, clones of WiiKey, hell even open source modchips. They're a bit hard to install though, I've got a WiiKey and it's wonderful, I've saved so much money on games that are absolutely sucky.

But yeah go with bit torrent, trackers such as blackcats games usually get stuff pretty fast with a decent amount of seeds. I usually get my full 1MB/sec speed from there.

5. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

but there are, i think. seph has a modified wii. check thepiratebay.com to download torrents, there are some games.

6. MusicAddict911

I thought you said there weren't in some other post. Are there any modchips that don't involve opening up the Wii or doing something that can screw up the wii and void the warranty all at once? :p

Edit: And around how big are the wii games when you d/l them?

7. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

They're about 4GB

8. Seph

I never said there aren't any Wii modchips, don't know how you managed to get that from one of my posts.

and Wii ISOs are 4.7 GB, standard DVD size.

9. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

you can always download the full game at once or download torrents. torrents are really small, but you'll have the full game anyway.

10. Seph

Err, a torrent is just a number of hash checksums that will allow you to check the integrity of the data you download. You have to download the exact same amount of data, the torrent file is just a pointer to the data.

11. MusicAddict911

I must of read it wrong or read it somewhere else and thought it came from here. I'm confused now. :D

4.7GB? There goes my chances of trying it.

12. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

why? those are just normal DVDs. for my ps2, in 2 years, i bought around 200 DVDs. i have around 150 games. a pack of 50 is cheap.

13. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

I think he meant the files are too big for him to download.

14. MusicAddict911

Adrelith's right. Being on dialup is fun. For 10-60MB roms I can take the laptop to the library and use it. For 4.7GB...not a chance.

15. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i don't think they are too big. the ps3 uses blu-ray discs. a normal one has 25gb. a double layer has 50gb. this is one of the reasons why there aren't many people trying to create a modchip. copying the games will be expensive too. the main reason of the existence of modchips is people having cheaper games.

16. Arm73

Arm73 New Member

Well I'm new here, but I'm surprised why nobody mentioned usenet as a fast and reliable way to download Wii's isos and generally speaking any other type of dvd images.
    A full game packed up in in 50MB blocks takes me about 2 and 1/2 hours to download (at 600+KB/s) and about 15-20 minutes to burn with the free imgburn.
    You pay a little monthly fee for a usenetet server, but it's really worth it.
    I will never ever go back to bittorrent again.
    Oh and by the way, Hello everybody !

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

usenet is generally not newbie friendly...