1. This forum is in read-only mode.

wii fit, anyone going to buy it?!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by ultra, May 21, 2008.

1. ultra

ultra Guest

i'm curious if anyone on the board will be buying it.

2. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

i think im gonna get it. its a console for all people and ages Winterreise, so its gonna include unfit people (aka fat)

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

actually when come to "working out" i perfer Dancing game in the arcade, you get a full body workout with just a token.

4. monkiie

monkiie New Member

I don't really think it looks that good and sounds kind of expensive to buy the balence board + the game....

5. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

LOL

I'm fat OMG i didn't know everybody says I'm thin yet this game said I'm fat Oh the pain Oh the anguish *sues ninty*

ah... that story made me LOL

6. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Ill get it just for Wii Ski.

7. AetherMaster

AetherMaster Well-Known Member

How should I word this?...........Oh! I know:

HELL NO!

It's a waste of money. If people need exercise so badly, they should just turn off the Wii and go outside.

8. kayleigh2108

kayleigh2108 Active Member

i must admit i bought this at release

i always have to try something if its a bit different, and i really like it despite it telling me i've put on weight :( lol luckily i'm not bothered by this, so not going to do anything silly like healthy eating or regular exercise (despite having bought what is essentially an exercise game) i can't help it i'm just lazy i guess :D

its good fun, and i get to make a fool of myself, which strangely enough i always find entertaining

:D

9. nah, wii games are too easy to cheat at

10. Renji217

Instead of wii fit ever try DDR... its alot better exercise than doing yoga.

11. ultra

ultra Guest

what makes you think it was yoga only?!

12. kayleigh2108

kayleigh2108 Active Member

i'm really bad at the yoga anyway (i have really bad balance), also i am really bad at DDR (bad co-ordination)

i am fairly good at the muscle exercises on wii fit though, and its always nice to get full points, especially at fitness since i'm the sort of person that gets tired running up stairs :D

i just think its a good fun, and makes me feel a bit healthier, so no complaints from me!

13. DB_Odin

DB_Odin Well-Known Member

i think its good that nintendo is trying to support healthy gaming ... but i cant see myselfwanting to jump around or exercise after i get off work ( which is the only time i ever have to play games) so no i dont think i would buy it.... wii is better suited for entertaining drunk friends at a party vs working out anyways :p

14. Renji217

OK then... try this then http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32904.html

15. sasquatch

sasquatch Well-Known Member

man if you think the wii is only good for making you laugh at your drunk mates you are seriously under rating the system as a whole,
    it has so much to offer and since when has a games worth been measured only by the quality of its graphics, wii fit as a game is kind of under done but wii fit as a serious look at a healthy past time is wonderfull, the mechanics are set up pretty well, and if you feel the need to cheat at wii fit then the only one you are cheating is yourself.

16. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

my friends and i play this at a restaurant called pizza rustica. (yes they have a wii there)

i dont really have a reason to buy it when we can just play it there.

17. jo132000

jo132000 Member

I've just managed to get hold of one and I have to say I find it great fun as does my little brother, infact he won't get off it!

18. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

It is fun, but you won't lose a lot of weight with it though...

19. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

have someone chase you down with a butcher's knife.

hopefully, the only thing you lose is 10-20 lbs. not an arm or a leg.

20. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

lol'd