1. This forum is in read-only mode.

wii emu on xbox 360

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by ndsrulz1, Nov 4, 2007.

1. ndsrulz1

ndsrulz1 Active Member

you can emulate something on something else only if it has 3 times the power right so cant you emulate wii on xbox because wii is only 729 mhz and xbox is 3.2 ghz so i would think the xbox 360 would be able to emulate the wii. it already emulates the xbox 1 which is a 733 mhz. that means the xbox 360 can fully emulate the intel architecture at 1060 mhz. so the xbox 360 must be able to emulate the wii ???

2. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

it's not only the processor's power that counts, you know...

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that is complete bollocks. There is no mathematical link between processor speeds. It depends on how complex the console instruction sets are, among many other factors

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

of course... if we'd follow your logic, then we'd be able to emulate nds with a microSD adapter attached to yor pc...

5. DrWarm

DrWarm Member

I can run an emulator on my PC and play games via the microSD.............

6. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

Just buy the ****ing system and mod it! It's cheap, and it saves everyone trouble!

For a number of reasons that I don't feel I have the need to discuss. It just simply wouldn't work.

7. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

i'm not so sure about that...

emulating modern consoles on x86 and x64 computers is difficult because you have to make what is effectivley a powerpc type machine to run on an x86/64 machine. mac's used to have powerpc processors so theoretically they should be easier to emulate for

all the modern consoles from generation 6 and 7 all use powerpc cores (from IBM), so in theory they could be able to emulate each other better than an uber fast pc can

of course i might just be spouting bull becaus i really have no idea what i'm talking about

anyway, why is this in the handheld forum? the xbox 360 isn't exactly a portable console

8. ultra

ultra Guest

even if it did load, how would you load the games?? you can't use the actual wii game discs because the xbox can't read it. nintendo uses something where it can only be read on their systems. try puting in a gamecube discs and you'll see that it can't get recognized by the system.

you can't use a hard drive because the wii doesn't support one. if you plan on creating a virtual hard drive then that's extra resources that's also going to run with the emulation.

9. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

oh, yeah, it's a dead way...

10. sir spamalot

wii games are on dvd's now. so that wouldn't be a problem. maybe a hacked xbox could be made to run ISO's (would be slow, though)

11. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Is there a distinct need to be rude or sarcastic to the new members?

12. sir spamalot

microsd card adapter is already possible. it's called "plugging in your sd card into your computer"

13. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i don't think i'm being rude or sarcastic to anyone... i'm just saying people should be informed about a theme before talking about it...

14. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

No matter how many times I reread that, it does seem a little rude. ndsrulz1 was just speculating, no matter if his theory had any chance of being true or not, there's no need to be sarcastic about it.

15. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

ok, then... my bad, sorry... no need for anyone, either me or you, to become mad at each other...

16. beundertaker

beundertaker Active Member

I see what you are trying to say, but good luck with getting this "emulator" to work properly. ;)