1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii disc drive troubles

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by timmy1991, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

My Wii has been acting up a little lately...
    whenever I try to insert a disc, I have to use a little more force than normal before the system will grab the disc and pull it in...

The games still work fine, and there don't seem to be any other problems, so I was just wondering if this could harm my games at all.

the system is rather old now, I got it when they were first released so my warranty isn't active anymore.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

a new disc drive should make it work better, but i personally wouldn't replace it unless you absolutely have to.

i play my games via USB so that the disc drive and discs don't get ruined.

i don't think it would cause any harm to your discs, unless you push it sideways or too hard.

3. timmy1991

alright, I won't bother with having it fixed or replaced unless it actually decides to stop working completely.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

yeah. that's the best option for now i assume. putting money into it now if it's still working wouldn't do much good. when it breaks, is when you need to fix it!!

Merry Christmas!

ace

5. timmy1991

well... it seems to just have broke... now it's overheating, and restarting... time for a new one I suppose... great thing I can pick up a refurbished one for $150 instead of $200 at gamestop

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...how about asking nintendo to repair it and then re-load whatever hacks you got on it?

I hate refurbished/second hand consoles unless hardly used...they tend to break easier...as for the other errors...is the system modded?

Where is it sitting?

Would you know if you were rough with the wii?

How long have you had this?

...I hope mine doesn't do this :(

7. timmy1991

I don't really feel like dealing with nintendo's technical support and repair people, and there are no hacks on it at all... It's sitting on a shelf above the TV, and it's never been dropped to my knowledge.
    I've had it since they've been out

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I see, i heard about some of the older wii's being more sensitive with heat issues.

Well, if you downloaded anything from the wii shop, and want to preserve the data, you'd have to ring them up.

Otherwise if it's just save data, try one of those console mod shops, they do repairs...but not sure how good the repairs are.

9. timmy1991

Everything's already backed up, and it's ready to go

10. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

That has happened to me for a week (before I got on RomU), but it has stopped now :)
    My Wii is overheating much... Not fun, it freezes if it overheats again T.T
    The same feeling as me, I don't trust them, IDK why. (I have my Wii modded, but before he was modded, I didn't trust them at all)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.