1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii Chip?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Croassassin, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Croassassin

Croassassin Well-Known Member

to play pirated games on wii do u need to get it chipped and is it possible download a game that u can find on wiiware and put it as one of ur channels on wii using a usb or a sd card?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You can get it chipped or you can "soft mod" it-there are tutorials in the tutorials section-just know your system firmware number and you'd be right.

Games can be obtained by torrents-wii ware I don't know though...but why bother I say-not much good from what I bought (yeah I got money to burn...)

You can use an sd, usb or even an external hard drive once the wii is modded.

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

If you've updated to the latest firmware 4.2 for the Wii you are screwed, that is untill someone hacks it. Seems its mainly for homebrew but I say it affects backup games as well. you can read some of the info here.

4. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i always say chip over soft mod it has better comparability and if you have to ask the question it means your a novice and i would not suggest soft modding for a novice. although is to do there are so many issues to deal with its bothersome.

chip, burn and go!

5. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Interesting MDS about using an extrenal H-D,ive a few kicking about here.I may choose to soft mod mines later as the wife paid an extra £40 for a further 2 years guarantee,so I wouldnt want to go inside the console in case anything went wrong and forfeited the warranty

6. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

There is a new 4.2 tutorial out there for soft modding. I have a seagate agent go usb drive and cover floader channel... Sweet.

Here's the link:
    http://adewii.wordpress.com/2009/10/17/howto-prepare-a-system-menu-4-2-wii-for-launching-backups-from-blank-dvd-or-usb-drive/

7. jmromulation

jmromulation New Member

Softmodding is not that hard. I'm pretty noob and just did it myself. As for the 4.2 Firmware...I've also seen a couple guides for softmodding it.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i've put the homebrew channel on my wii, but am hesitant to flash anything....i don't know why, but just cause i don't want to risk bricking my wii....i may flash it once i get wifi....just high speed internet for now!!!

i wouldn't chip it if you are concerned about your warranty soft-modding doesn't void it since you can remove the hbc later if you don't want it...but you can remove the chip, but like i said, it will hurt your chances of selling it later on if you plan on getting rid of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.