1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii Cheat Homebrew

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elk1007, Sep 9, 2008.

1. elk1007

elk1007 Well-Known Member

Not sure which section to put this in, so I went with General @_@

I'm looking for a homebrew application like Ocarina for the Wii. Except I need something that will let me load gamecube cheats rather than just wii cheats.

Any help?

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

You can't use an action replay?

I know I still have my AR for gamecube.

3. elk1007

The Wii firmware blocks it or something.
    I have the early version of AR too, where you can input codes :-[

But Ocarina is a lot easier because you make the list on your PC (no more 45 min typing sessions) and then put it on the SD card.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It shouldn't do, unless you modded or something.

5. elk1007

The disc starts fine (with the channel icon and everything) but once I start it, I get an error screen:

"An error has occurred.
    Press the Eject Button, remove the
    Game Disc, and turn the power off.
    Please read the Wii operations manual
    for more information."

I do have softmods, so that might be the problem. I've installed the homebrew channel. I have the DVDX channel installed. I downgraded my firmware from 3.3U to 3.2U using Waninkoko's downgrader tool.

I don't understand what any of that would have to do with Action Replay though, as those are purely Wii components. All other gamecube games play fine.

I'll keep trying to get this working, but in the meantime, is there a program like Ocarina that works for Gamecube games?

6. Kataclysm

Kataclysm Member

Not as of yet, unfortunately. Keep an eye on Wiibrew.org; that's about the best resource for new and quality homebrew there is.
    There are other sites out there, but from my experience, some of them are riddled with spyware or haven't been updated in
    about three to six months.

Have you considered getting a Gamecube for about $40 at your local Gamestop and using that to cheat? ;)

7. elk1007

I have a gamecube, and my Action Replay works fine on it. I really want a cheat program for the Wii because it's incredibly time consuming to enter codes with the GC controller. Thanks though. I guess I'll just wait.

8. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I remember PSO had a special GC keyboard that is almost impossible to find now.

I wonder if that works for the AR.

9. elk1007

I'm not sure if it would work.
    I know that Datel made a keyboard specifically for that purpose, but it's equally as rare.

I guess I'll just wait until some sexy homebrewer makes the application I'm looking for.