1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii black screen of DEATH!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by razielleonhart, Dec 19, 2010.

1. razielleonhart

razielleonhart Well-Known Member

ok peoples my friend bought a Wii for 20 bucks no DVD rom as is. So i am messing around with it i have a black screen and no sound and found out i can still sync up a Wii Mote and turn on the system with the mote i know i can get pass that heath and warring screen because i can feel my mote as i run around the menu. I am not sure if it been hacked or just the video inside the wii is shot. any help will be nice as i would like to to help my friend out

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's bricked...More then likely someone failed at modding it... I'd say try turning it on while holding reset to see if they installed priloader first...if so, then we can help, if not, i think you're fucked =/

3. dedboy

dedboy Guest

That pretty much sums it up.
    You get what you pay for. A twenty dollar brick.

4. razielleonhart

what about if i buy a mod chip and use my dvd drive from my or my friends other wii and use that nintendo wii boot disk will that help

5. dedboy

dedboy Guest

If it has been modded faultily, then no. It won't help one iota.

I wouldn't spend any extra funds on this system, until a determining factor has been made.
    Simply meaning, if it's actually capable of even functioning ever again.
    Which, unfortunately, doesn't seem so.

6. razielleonhart

well me and my friend are going to buy a chip anyhow i just want to know would it work

7. dedboy

dedboy Guest

I hate to be a party pooper, 'specially when I dig parties.
    But I don't think so. Then again, stranger things have happened. But with what you have told us, and from the description, it does sound as if it has been bricked.
    Google the keywords "Wii" and "bricked".
    best wishes, and I do hope you get it running, even if you have to pull a Mark McGuire and smash it over the horizon.
    *Of course without the steroids*

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

To me it sounds like some of the system menu IOS's are fucked...

9. Bowser-jr

Bowser-jr Well-Known Member

Buying a mod chip will not help anything if the Wii itself is already bricked. You have to find a way to un brick it before installing the mod chip or softmodding. Otherwise, you may end up damaging the Mod chip too.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Jeeze...does anyone know what the fuck they're talking about? =\

You may be able to unbrick it with an unbrick disc and a modchip.

The system IOS' were corrupted during an installation process most likely. It's a stupid mistake that I warn people about all the time. Don't turn the power off or your internet until it's hacked!
    But some still do that...bricks can happen during an installation most often. Or a corrupted IOS that was faulty because they didn't know what they were doing.

They probably just tried soft-modding and fucked up basically.

So...does the Wii have a disc drive at all???

This thread may help you. - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411.0

11. razielleonhart

i own one working wii with a dvd drive and my friend owns 1 working wii with a dvd drive and he owns the other broken wii without a DVD drive

12. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

For what you said and my experience (i've bricked and unbricked my share of Wiis) seems like the video out controller (small chip on the mainboard) or something related to it is burnt (it is extremely hard if not impossible to disable or damage it while flashing the Wii), that means you get no sound or video but the rest works, hence why you can connect wiimotes and feel their rumble as you move thru the menu tiles. You'll have to bring it to a experienced technician for him to tell if it's loose or burnt.