1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii A/V connection problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Rogue_Ninja, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Ninja

Rogue_Ninja Active Member

Ok I went out and got the other A/V connections for the Wii. The Blue Green ect. My tv does have the connections for them. I plug em all in and the Wii is in black and white. In the Wii menu it will not let me switch it off standard tv. Any ideas?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Do you have the cables that came with it?

RED, white, yellow?

If your tv lacks the ports, use the older type...but the one';s you mentioned are for high-def tv's, and need to be used with the older cables, so you need 6 plugs.

3. Rogue_Ninja

I have places to plug all 6 into. My tv is HD also.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What region is your Wii (NTSC, PAL) and what region is your TV?

5. Rogue_Ninja

Honestly im not sure what region. Im in USA NY. my tv was bought here as well. My wii is mod free.

6. TirithRR

Everything should be NTSC then. I assume you bought all your stuff locally?

Have you tried using the standard RCA jacks? (Yellow video, Red/White for L/R Stereo sound)?

7. Rogue_Ninja

Yep all bought locally. And the standard all work fine. Ive had my Wii for a while now, just decided to get the better wires had some trade in cash to burn on my Gamestop card so I bought em. I can tell the picture is crisper and better just no color and the Wii does not allow me to change picture option from the Wii menu.

8. TirithRR

Stupid question just to get it out of the way.. Do you have the three colors hooked to the correct three terminals on the TV

Edit:
    Just searching around, another user had a similar issue yet his was solved by fixing the connection at the TV. One was loose or not making good contact.

9. Rogue_Ninja

I tripled checked the colors and even my dad was over to visit and watched me do it all again. After checking Nintendos site I may be lacking "Progressive Scan"

10. TirithRR

Checking other sites:
    http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=2387.msg16002#msg16002

Nintendo fails at making cables correctly I guess. The Y channel works, but the Pr and Pb channels don't unless the HD Component cable tells the Wii it is plugged in correctly. The Wii won't output the other two channels unless the cable makes a solid connection and tells it to change modes.

Is it an official Nintendo cable, or an "el cheapo" brand one?

I guess the way to check is to go to your Wii Settings and see if 480p is an option. If it's not an option, then the cable is not working correctly.

11. Rogue_Ninja

Gonna have to say el cheap cause its a Game Stop brand. My tv does have progressive scan
    Post Merge: [time]1262141108[/time]
    Ok so I unplugged the green blue and red chords and just left the 3 normal ones in and the color works fine its once you put in either blue green or red that it loses color. Im gonna say its bum cables.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.